Multiple Injuries in Oroville Head-On Crash on Wyandotte Avenue
An Oroville head-on crash on December 29 resulted in multiple injuries, including to children. The accident occurred on Wyandotte Avenue. Officers with the Oroville Police Department provided medical care until Cal Fire firefighters and medics arrived at the scene.
All Those Injured Transported to Hospitals After Oroville Head-On Crash
Several adults suffered injuries, as well as multiple minors who were improperly secured or unsecured in one of the vehicles. All those injured were taken to a nearby hospital for medical care. The area along Wyandotte Avenue between Myers Street and Spencer Avenue was shut down as the scene was cleared, and an investigation was carried out to determine fault and how the accident happened.
The Benefits of Hiring an Accident Lawyer
Your injury case can be reviewed for free by an accident attorney to determine whether compensation can be recovered. The investigators for the firm will then check surveillance cameras, review police reports, interview witnesses, and use other techniques to gather evidence supporting your claim. As soon as they have evidence proving the at-fault party’s fault, they can negotiate with their insurance company on your behalf, working hard to achieve the maximum compensation possible.
Head-On Crash Causes
There are many reasons an Oroville head-on crash can occur, including the following:
- A driver is texting, chatting on their phone, or looking away and doesn’t notice they’ve crossed the centerline.
- The motorist is intoxicated by alcohol or drugs, which means they may not notice they are out of their lane.
- The driver is speeding and crosses the centerline while taking a curve.
- A defect in the automobile causes the motorist to lose control, such as bad brakes or steering problems.
- The driver is too fatigued to drive and falls asleep at the wheel.
Recoverable Compensation Following an Oroville Head-On Crash
Head-on collisions commonly cause severe trauma to those in the vehicles. This is because the speeds of both vehicles combine upon impact. If a negligent driver caused your injuries, you have the right to file a claim to recover compensation, such as:
- Medical bills that arise from your injury are recoverable. These include your hospital stay, ambulance fee, doctors’ bills, medications, surgeries, tests, and rehabilitative treatments. If your injury is still ongoing at settlement, the cost of future medical bills is included.
- Wages lost because of your inability to work are recoverable, including compensation for your pension, insurance benefits, and other perks you received on the job. If you become permanently disabled and cannot work, you can recover your wages until retirement age.
- Compensation is recoverable for both your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
Listed below are the qualities accident attorney Ed Smith recommends when choosing a lawyer for an accident:
Oroville Auto Accident Attorney
I am Ed Smith, an Oroville auto accident lawyer. You or a family member may contact (530) 392-9400 if you have been injured in an accident related to negligence. If you need free and friendly legal advice, our injury lawyers are here to help. Our long-distance number is (800) 404-5400, or you can complete our online form by visiting our website. Our injury lawyers can give you a free evaluation of your case and explain your options.
In addition to the Top 1 Percent, we are a member of the Million Dollar Advocates in California. You can see some of what we have achieved for accident injury victims over the years by clicking on Verdicts and Settlements, Yelp, and Google.
:cd  cha