Intersection Multiple-Vehicle Collision Occurs on Madison Avenue
A Carmichael multiple-vehicle collision on January 15 resulted in minor trauma. The accident happened at the intersection of westbound Madison Avenue and Flagstone Street at about 2:36 p.m. and involved four to five vehicles. The intersection was blocked by the collision, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) incident report.
Accident Investigation Underway to Determine Fault
Front-end damage occurred to at least two of the vehicles in the multiple-vehicle collision, while another car ended up on the curb. Tow trucks were required to remove at least several of the vehicles. An investigation into the cause of the crash reportedly pinpointed one particular vehicle as having caused the crash. The investigation into the accident is ongoing to determine which drivers shared fault.
Crash Dangers at Intersections
More than half of all collisions are caused by negligence, and most occur at intersections. There are a variety of accidents that could occur at these crossroads due to the convergence of motor vehicles, motorcyclists, bicycle riders and pedestrians:
- Drivers who run red lights often cause a multiple-vehicle collision.
- A motorist turning right is likely to cause an accident involving a cyclist, pedestrian or another car. The majority of drivers look left, where other vehicles may obstruct the view. Thus, pedestrians and bicyclists are usually overlooked.
- Fatigued drivers are more likely to be involved in accidents at night. Exhausted drivers are often unaware of how tired they are. It is risky for drivers to drift out of their lane or fall asleep behind the wheel.
- An intersection accident occurs if a driver fails to stop at a signal change due to speeding. It is common for a rear-end collision to occur when a motorist collides with another who is already stopped.
- It is possible for a multiple-vehicle collision to be caused by a driver who makes a left turn. Oncoming traffic approaches the intersection as the arrow changes to red. That driver may not be able to clear the intersection before fast traffic reaches him/her.
- When distracted drivers text or engage in other activities, they are not paying attention to the road.
- Drunk driving is a factor in all types of traffic collisions, including intersection accidents.
Investigation of an Intersection Crash
If someone has been injured by a negligent driver or for another reason, the evidence must be collected before the injured party can seek compensation. The following areas are investigated by our investigators to gather evidence:
- A thorough review of the police report is crucial to making sure no errors exist that might adversely affect a client’s claim for compensation.
- During the investigation, traffic cameras are checked in the area for evidence of the accident at the intersection. When a record shows that the accident has been captured, a subpoena may be served.
- In addition to interviewing witnesses who may have seen the collision, investigators look for any clues. Cell phones may have been used by some witnesses to record the accident.
- An accident reconstruction is done, which shows how the crash happened and where the vehicles were.
Carmichael Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a Carmichael personal injury lawyer. Intersection accidents often result in serious injuries, and more than one driver may be at-fault. By determining which drivers were negligent, an injured party may recover the compensation they deserve by filing a personal injury claim. To obtain free and friendly legal advice from one of our accident attorneys, please call (916) 021-6400 or (800) 404-5400. Online inquiries are also welcome.
Here are some client testimonials and information about cases our injury lawyers have handled:
It is an honor for us to be a part of these exclusive groups:
Photo attribution: Image by Netto Figueiredo from Pixabay
:cd llo