Walerga Road Multiple-Vehicle Accident Results in Injuries
A multiple-vehicle accident that caused injuries occurred in Roseville on January 23. Authorities with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported the accident around 11:08 in the morning along southbound Walerga Road just north of Seabiscuit Drive and said that it involved five vehicles. Traffic was not blocked, and all the vehicles were removed to the right-hand side of the road.
Authorities Investigating Cause of Multiple-Vehicle Accident
At least one person was transported by paramedics to Kaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center with unspecified injuries. At least one of the vehicles, a Toyota Rav4, had to be towed from the multiple-vehicle accident scene. The case is under investigation by the CHP to discover how it occurred and to place fault.
Causes of Multiple-Vehicle Crashes
A multiple-vehicle accident can happen for a number of reasons, however, most of them have to do with some type of negligence. Following are some common reasons for accidents that involve multiple vehicles:
- Tailgating: Slowdowns in traffic can come on suddenly. If a vehicle is tailgating, the driver may not realize the traffic is slowing or be unable to slow in time to prevent an accident. When two vehicles collide, it’s easy for others to become involved, especially if one or both are pushed out of their lane.
- Speeding: Speeding is a major cause of a multiple-vehicle accident. Those who are going faster than the speed limit usually change lanes often, which makes it unsafe for other drivers. In addition, the impact of a speeding vehicle will be more severe and can cause worse injuries and a higher number of fatalities.
- Distracted driving: This major cause of all types of accidents occurs because if a driver is distracted by texting or another activity, they obviously aren’t monitoring the traffic. Even a momentary lapse can result in a multiple-vehicle accident.
- Drugged or drunk driving: Those who are impaired by drugs or alcohol are dangerous behind the wheel of a vehicle and cause many accidents each year. Besides exhibiting poor judgment, their reflexes are slowed, and vision is impaired.
- Fatigued driving: Drivers who are overly tired are as dangerous on the roadway as a drunk driver. Drifting off while driving, having the inability to concentrate, and slowed reaction times can all lead to an accident involving multiple vehicles.
Investigating an Accident With Multiple Vehicles
When this type of accident happens, there are those who will want legal representation to avoid being charged with negligence and those who are injured and want to claim damages. This is why it is so important to have a personal injury lawyer at your side who will help you obtain the compensation you need. Our team of investigators helps by collecting the evidence necessary to support your claim:
- The investigators review the report by the police for mistakes and interview the witnesses.
- They perform accident reconstruction and take photos of the collision scene.
- Cameras from nearby businesses and traffic surveillance can provide strong evidence for a compensation claim because they may have videotaped the accident as it happened.
- Government negligence may be at fault also if the roadways weren’t kept clear, guardrails were weakened, lighting poor and upheavals or potholes were present.
Our injury lawyers use the accumulated evidence gathered by the investigators to construct a strong case that supports our client’s claim.
Roseville Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a Roseville car accident lawyer. Injuries in a traffic accident can end up costing a lot in medical bills and other losses. I am here to offer you my free, friendly advice when you phone me at (916) 921-6400. Our long-distance number for those elsewhere in Northern California is (800) 404-5400. We also offer an online form if you prefer to send a message.
Review client comments and cases handled in the past by my law firm below:
It is an honor for me to be a member of the groups that follow, among others:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/ambulance-architecture-building-business-263402/
:cd llo [cs 706]