Motorcyclist Fatality Reported in Winton
According to the California Highway Patrol, a motorcyclist fatality was reported in a traffic collision in Winton in Merced County on September 16, 2023. Officials said that the crash occurred at approximately 6:50 p.m. in the areas of Vine Avenue and Walnut Avenue.
Details on the Motorcyclist Fatality Reported in Winton
A preliminary release indicated that a man was riding a motorcycle westbound along Walnut Avenue with a juvenile passenger, age 11. Another motorcyclist, a man from Delhi, age 66, was riding a motorcycle behind the first biker. Both motorcycle riders were approaching Vine Avenue while an SUV approached eastbound on Walnut Avenue.
The two motorcyclists were allegedly involved in a crash with the SUV. The first motorcycle rider suffered injuries described as moderate. The juvenile passenger was taken via air ambulance to Valley Children’s Hospital for treatment of serious injuries. The Delhi man was taken to an area hospital and declared deceased. CHP traffic officers have not released additional details on the crash.
Seeking Damages for Injury or Death From a Motorcycle Accident
When a negligent motorist or entity causes a traffic collision involving a motorcyclist, they may be held liable for the damages incurred. If the at-fault party has minimal coverage or no insurance, it is possible to bring a claim through your uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. In either of these scenarios, it is essential to have substantial and compelling evidence to support the claim. Our legal team at AutoAccident.com can help you by building a solid case against a negligent driver or entity to seek the justice and total compensation you deserve.
What Can an Attorney Do For an Accident Case?
To help you seek total compensation for your losses, a California personal injury attorney from our law firm can help with all aspects of your case. We will handle your case from start to finish. Our injury lawyers can take on difficult insurers and defense counsel and take your case to court if necessary. Specifically, our legal team will:
- File all necessary legal documents for the claim and the case
- Assess and estimate the fair and reasonable value of non-economic and economic damages
- Gather evidence in support of the case from multiple sources, including video surveillance footage, eyewitness statements, police reports, and more.
- Back up evidence in support of a claim for damages from testimonies from expert witnesses, including medical professionals or accident reconstruction specialists
- Conduct an in-depth investigation into the traffic collision to determine who is responsible for the incident, such as a motorist, employer of the driver, auto manufacturer, or another party or entity.
- If the insurance carrier does not agree to a reasonable settlement agreement, take the case to civil court for a judge or jury to determine an appropriate award for the client.
California has a two-year statute of limitations on wrongful death and personal injury cases. Note that the statute is tolled or extended in cases involving minor children. Once the applicable time limit has passed, the claimant cannot file the case seeking reimbursement for their losses. Therefore, it is recommended that an injured party or survivor retain legal counsel immediately.
Wrongful Death Lawyer in Merced
When a family is deprived of a close relative, it is advisable to retain legal counsel to protect their rights and interests. When you work with our legal team at AutoAccident.com, we will handle all aspects of your case, keep you updated on the status of your accident claim, and answer any questions or concerns you may have throughout the process. We will help and provide free, friendly case advice when needed. To learn more about how our Merced wrongful death lawyers can help, dial (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400.
Picture Source: Pixabay – SplitShire
:ds llo [cs 655]