Motorcycle Crash on S.R. 20 Results in Major Injuries
A major injury motorcycle crash was reported in Grass Valley on May 9. The accident occurred around 5:42 a.m. along eastbound State Route 20 just east of South Ponderosa Way and involved a motor vehicle. The roadway was blocked by the crash, according to the report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Motorcyclist Transported to Hospital for Treatment
One of the vehicles exhibited moderate to major damage to the front end, and the motorcycle was towed from the scene. The injured rider was transported to a hospital nearby for additional evaluation and treatment for the trauma. The roadway was announced as clear by the CHP Traffic Accident Investigation unit around 6:24 a.m. An investigation is underway to find out why the collision occurred.
Accidents Involving Motorcycles and Motor Vehicles
There are times when accidents cannot be avoided, even though most riders understand how devastating a motorcycle crash can be and try hard to avoid one. In many motorcycle accidents, drivers are negligent in the following ways:
- Distracted drivers: Distracted drivers are often responsible for motorcycle accidents, as they text, change stations on the radio, or do other things that take their attention from the road.
- Speed: Motorcyclists are frequently involved in accidents caused by speeding. When a driver speeds, there is a greater chance that a rider will be killed, since a passenger vehicle driver will need more time and distance to stop.
- Drunk or drugged driving: An impaired driver can be the cause of a motorcycle crash. Motorcycle riders have a hard time avoiding collisions with drunk drivers because they weave in and out of lanes and accelerate and decelerate.
- Rear-end collisions: Drivers who hit motorcycles in the back or stop short in front of them can cause them to eject. Breaking bones and sustaining traumatic brain injuries are among the complications that can result from being ejected from a motorcycle.
- Left-hand turns: Motorcycle crashes are most often caused by passenger vehicles turning in front of them. Occasionally, a motorist will hit a rider when making a left turn from a corner or parking lot.
Evidence Collection for Motorcycle Accident Claims
An investigation will be conducted by your Grass Valley motorcycle accident lawyer in order to collect the evidence required to support your claim. As with other personal injury cases, you do not owe anything until you win. Some of the areas of investigation to collect evidence can include the following:
- Examining traffic cameras in the area for footage of the collision
- Interviewing witnesses for evidence that cooborates how the accident occurred
- Performing accident reconstruction, which shows how the collision occurred
- Performing an examination at the motorcycle crash site itself to look for skid marks, pavement damages and others
- Checking the police report for inaccuracies
Attorney Ed Smith explains in the video below that the following tips might be helpful when hiring a lawyer:
Grass Valley Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Grass Valley personal injury lawyer. When you’ve suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash, you need an accident attorney who can investigate and recover the compensation you deserve. Please contact us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice about filing a personal injury claim. You can also reach us online using the contact form.
Here are some of the ways our successful injury lawyers have helped others:
Our attorneys’ membership in the following groups shows how hard they work for their clients’ compensation:
Photo attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQ8I1W1gR8&t=10s; Image by Andreas Göllner from Pixabay
:cd llo