Two Motorcycles Crash along West U.S. 50
A major injury motorcycle crash was reported in Pollock Pines, east of Placerville, on August 7. The accident happened along westbound U.S. 50 at the Sly Park Road off-ramp around 10:20 a.m. The individual who called in the accident to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) was uncertain whether another vehicle was involved in the collision involving two motorcyclists.
At Least One Rider Suffers Serious Injuries in Motorcycle Crash
When officers arrived at the scene, they discovered two motorcycles down on the right-hand side of the road. At least one of the riders was transported by air to a hospital with major injuries. The motorcycle crash is being investigated by the CHP to determine why it happened.
Choosing a Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
The success rate a motorcycle accident attorney has is an important factor when picking a lawyer to handle your case. Investigations of motorcycle accidents can reveal many factors, from negligent drivers to neglected roadway maintenance. Our law office has successfully handled many motorcycle crash cases, helping injured riders obtain the compensation they deserve.
Motorcycle Accident Dangers
Motorcyclists face a number of hazards that can lead to serious accidents. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents can result in serious injuries even when riders do their best to avoid them. On the road, motorcycle riders may encounter the following risks that could result in a serious injury:
- Distracted driving: Texting, talking on the phone, adjusting radios, or anything else that diverts the driver’s attention can lead to accidents.
- Left turns: A left-turning vehicle often causes a motorcycle crash if the driver turns in front of them, resulting in a major injury. This situation requires the driver to stay alert for oncoming traffic.
- Drunk driving: Impaired drivers can cause motorcycle accidents. Drivers who are impaired have trouble maintaining their lane, judging how far other vehicles are from them and exhibit slowed reflexes, making it hard to stop if an emergency occurs.
- Speeding: In many motorcycle accidents, speeding motorists are to blame. The vehicle’s stopping distance increases when the driver speeds, and the motorist is at a greater risk of losing control of the vehicle.
- Motorcycle parts that are defective: Defects in motorcycle parts such as in the steering, accelerators or brakes can cause serious injuries. A product liability lawsuit may be filed in these cases against the manufacturer if a motorcycle crash causes injuries.
- Negligent roadway maintenance: In the case of a motorcycle accident resulting in an injury, government neglect can play a major role. Motorcycle accidents may be caused by potholes, inadequate lighting at night, pavement upheavals and other issues caused by inadequate or neglected government maintenance. Government entities may be held liable financially when negligence results in a motorcycle crash with injuries. Injury claims against government entities are subject to a six-month statute of limitations, so it is wise to hire an injury lawyer to ensure paperwork is correct and deadlines are met.
Placerville Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Placerville personal injury lawyer. If negligence caused your motorcycle accident injuries, you have the right to place a claim to recover compensation. Please give us a call at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 to get free and friendly advice from one of our injury lawyers. If you prefer, you can also message us online.
At the links that follow, you can discover how others have been helped by our injury lawyers:
:cd llo