Motorcycle Accident on Kings Canyon Road
A biker was hospitalized on the night of November 12, 2023, following a motorcycle accident on Kings Canyon Road in Fresno. The crash occurred at approximately 5:45 p.m. in the area of Fowler Avenue and Kings Canyon Road, officials said.
Details on the Motorcycle Accident on Kings Canyon Road
The Fresno Police Department reported that a man in his 50s was riding a motorcycle southbound on Fowler Avenue when he was allegedly involved in a crash with another vehicle. The impact of the collision reportedly propelled the man off the bike.
When Fresno PD officers arrived at the accident site, the motorcycle rider was unconscious. The motorcyclist was transported to the hospital for treatment and was last listed in critical condition. It was later reported by officials that the biker regained consciousness. Further details have not yet been released.
Why Are Motorcycle Accident Cases Difficult?
Vehicle versus motorcycle collision cases may present various challenges. This is often attributed to the potential for serious injuries or even death due to a biker’s lack of physical protection. Establishing liability may be difficult in these matters due to prejudice and bias against motorcyclists. Overcoming these biases may be challenging without the assistance of an experienced injury attorney. These may play as factors in the personal injury claims process, particularly in insurance negotiations or in the courtroom.
When an injured party has an experienced attorney on their side, they can depend on their lawyer to build the strongest case possible. The lawyer will collect evidence in support of the matter, including careful measurements of distances and sightlines, potential obstruction of the roadway due to overgrown foliage and other obstructions, video surveillance and photos of the crash site, diagrams of the accident scene, and eyewitness accounts. These may serve as powerful tools in these cases to establish the facts and circumstances of the matter.
How a Lawyer Can Help With a Motorcycle Accident Injury Case
Some of the ways an attorney can help with a personal injury claim for a motorcycle accident claim include:
- Answer Questions: It is common for an individual who is injured in a motorcycle crash to experience feelings of uncertainty about the appropriate actions to take following the incident. It is essential that injured parties seek the assistance of an experienced lawyer to have their questions answered and concerns addressed about their case.
- Conduct an Independent Investigation: In situations where liability is disputed for the vehicle versus motorcycle collision, or multiple parties may be at fault for the crash, a lawyer can conduct an in-depth investigation to properly establish liability. From there, the attorney can determine which party can be held accountable for the resulting losses and potential sources of financial recovery in the matter.
- Determine the Value of a Personal Injury Case: An attorney can use their knowledge and resources to determine the reasonable and necessary value of non-economic and economic damages in a motorcycle accident injury case. This includes working with experts in the field, like economists, who can provide testimony on the actual value of losses based on their expertise and findings in the case.
- Handle Communication and Negotiations with Insurers: When an injured party retains legal counsel, they can depend on their attorney to handle verbal and written communications with the insurance company on their behalf. Additionally, a lawyer will build a strong case to seek a mutual agreement through insurance negotiations.
- Take the Case to Court if Necessary: At times, it may not be possible to reach a mutual settlement agreement with the opposing party and insurance carrier. That is why an injured party must work with a California motorcycle accident attorney with experience to take the case to court. The lawyer will present the case to a jury and seek a favorable resolution.
For details on how our team of motorcycle accident lawyers at our personal injury law firm can help you with your potential case, contact us today for a free consultation.
Motorcycle Accident Attorney in California
In any traffic collision, particularly motorcycle accidents, it is advisable for an injured party to seek the assistance of an experienced lawyer. Overcoming challenges, such as prejudice, bias, and disputed liability, is essential in these matters. If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash as a motorcyclist, our California motorcycle accident attorneys can put our knowledge, resources, and skills to work for you and your case. Discuss your potential case in detail and receive advice that is free and friendly from our legal team today. Dial (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400.
Picture Source: RDNE through Pexels.com
:ds llo [cs 780]