Traffic Collision on Country Club Road Causes Minor Injury
A Stockton traffic collision on January 4 involving an injury occurred after two vehicles collided. The accident reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), said that the collision happened around 11:30 a.m. along Country Club Road between Elmwood and Middlefield avenues between a Kia sedan and SUV. The incident did not block traffic, but at least one of the vehicles had to be towed from the scene. A minor injury was reported in the traffic collision.
Two-Vehicle Traffic Collision
A traffic collision between two vehicles is the most common type of accident on the roads. Some of the most common types of two-vehicle accidents are:
- Side-impact accidents: This type of traffic collision is often seen in intersections. It usually happens when one car runs a red light or stop sign and hits the side of another vehicle passing through the intersection. Depending on the speed of the vehicle, considerable damage can occur. This is primarily due to the lack of safety devices on the doors. Recently, newer vehicles have side airbags as opposed to older cars and light trucks. The NHTSA said side-impact traffic collisions make up 29 percent of all car crashes in the United States.
- Rear-end collisions: One of the most common types of traffic collisions, a rear-end collision can result in minor or more substantive injuries depending on the speed of the vehicle to the rear. In addition, rear-end crashes are often identified as the initial phase of a multiple-vehicle accident. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, rear-end accidents make up roughly 30 percent of all traffic collisions.
- Head-on crashes: The incidence of head-on crashes is relatively low at 2 percent, yet they are the most deadly. That is because the speed and weight of both vehicles combine to produce considerable momentum. The incidence of wrongful deaths is high, and this type of crash is often caused by a drunk driver. Other reasons for a head-on collision are a driver who is older and confused or the lack of proper lane markings.
Injuries in a Two-Vehicle Crash
The injuries vary according to the severity of the traffic collision. Some of the most common include:
- Traumatic brain injury: This type of injury can vary in severity and range from concussions to cerebral hemorrhages. Concussions usually resolve within six months with rest. However, the symptoms can persist. Others, such as a subdural hematoma, usually require surgical intervention.
- Cervical sprain and strain: This injury, usually referred to as whiplash, occurs frequently in a rear-end collision. It is due to the rapid back and forth motion of the head when the vehicle is hit from behind. Symptoms often resolve within six months with rest and analgesia. However, the symptoms can persist for a much longer period.
- Fractures: Broken bones are common in a two-vehicle crash, especially in side-impact collisions. Often the fractures are severe such as a femur or pelvic fracture and take a long time to heal.
Investigating a Two-Vehicle Traffic Collision
At our law firm, we know the importance of procuring evidence to back up a claim of liability. We send our investigators to the scene to determine who was responsible for the traffic collision by performing accident reconstruction and gathering videos from surveillance cameras and dash cams. Our investigators also interview witnesses and review police reports for mistakes. Without this evidence, the case will not proceed.
Stockton Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Stockton car accident lawyer. Minor injury accidents can be settled by the insurance company. However, there are times when a minor injury may end up being more significant. If your injuries resulted in time off work, high medical bills and pain and suffering, you might want to find out if you can place a claim for compensation. Our injury lawyers are here to offer you free and friendly advice when you contact us at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400. If you prefer, you can contact us online.
Learn how we have helped others in obtaining fair compensation for their injury accidents below:
We are honored to be members of:
:cd llo