Collision on U.S. 50 Involves Two Vehicles
A two-vehicle rollover accident in Sacramento on November 9 caused minor injuries to at least one person. The collision occurred along U.S. 50 westbound near the 15th Street on-ramp around 2:45 p.m. One of the vehicles rolled over in the crash, according to the report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Authorities Determining Cause of Two-Vehicle Rollover Accident
Emergency responders with the Sacramento Fire Department determined that injuries suffered in the accident were minor. An investigation is underway by the CHP to determine how the collision occurred.
Why a Rollover Accident Occurs
Some vehicles, such as light trucks, vans, and SUVs are more likely to experience a rollover collision because of their higher center of gravity. However, negligence usually comes into play when this type of accident occurs, including the following:
- Speeding: Driving too fast for the conditions is one of the most common causes of accidents when a vehicle overturns. When a driver is speeding, they are less likely to be able to maintain control of their vehicle, which can lead to an overturned car accident.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is another major cause of rollover accidents. When drivers are not paying attention to the road, they are more likely to lose control of their vehicles and cause an accident.
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving is also a leading cause of these accidents. Alcohol impairs a driver’s ability to operate a vehicle safely, and this can lead to a car turning over.
- Weather conditions: Bad weather conditions can also lead to a vehicle overturning. If the road is slick from rain or ice, it can be difficult for a driver to maintain control of their vehicle.
- Road conditions: Poor road conditions can also contribute to an overturned vehicle. If the pavement is uneven or there are potholes, it can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle. A claim may be made against the government entity if an injury accident occurs. Because the time limit to file is six months, getting assistance from an injury lawyer could be helpful.
- Mechanical problems: Sometimes, an accident that causes a car to overturn is caused by mechanical problems with the vehicle. If the tires are faulty or the suspension is not working properly due to a defect, it can increase the chances of an accident occurring.
- Passengers: If a vehicle is carrying too many passengers, it can increase the chance of a rollover accident. This is because the extra weight can make it difficult for the driver to control the vehicle.
- Improperly loaded cargo: If a vehicle is carrying cargo that is not properly secured, it can shift during a turn and cause the vehicle to tip over.
- Fatigue: Fatigued driving is another leading cause of accidents involving overturned vehicles. When a driver is tired, they are less likely to be able to react quickly to changes in traffic or road conditions.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, a personal injury attorney in Sacramento. Traffic accidents can end up costing you a lot of money in medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. However, if an accident was caused by a negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation. Our free and friendly advice can assist you by reviewing your case at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 and letting you know if you have a viable claim and what options are available to recover damages. Online contact is also available.
At AutoAccident.com, you can find out how our injury lawyers have helped others receive the compensation they deserve for their injuries below:
We are honored to be part of the Million Dollar Advocates and the Top 1 Percent.
Photo attribution: Image by Gerhard from Pixabay
:cd llo