Merced Intersection Accident Injures Four
An intersection accident in Merced left four parties injured on the morning of March 9, 2019. The incident occurred at approximately 11:50 a.m. at the intersection of Loughborough Drive and R Street, just in front of the Target store. A driver of a Ford Fusion reportedly rear-ended a Toyota Prius at the intersection. The impact of the collision propelled the Toyota forward into an SUV and another vehicle. Four parties suffered unspecified injuries in the car wreck and were all transported to a local hospital for treatment. An update regarding the condition of those injured was not immediately available.
Common Injuries in a Rear-End Accident
Injuries from a rear-end accident can be life-altering and severe. These include:
- Cervical Sprain: This occurs when the muscles and ligaments in the neck are pushed beyond their normal range of motion from the sudden impact.
- Facial Injuries: Eye trauma, dental damage, and facial bone fractures can be suffered in a rear-end accident occurring at low speeds. This is due to the airbags not deploying in the crash.
- Lower Extremity Injury: The impact from an auto accident can propel the lower extremities into the dashboard or steering column, causing lacerations or fractures.
- Seat Belt Injuries: The seat belts may be strained in a rear-end accident as the body hyperextends and hyperflexes. This can cause lacerations and organ trauma in both the abdomen and chest from the seat belts.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: This is caused by trauma sustained to the brain. Symptoms of a traumatic brain injury can be difficult to notice and may not present themselves immediately after a car wreck. They may include difficulty sleeping, changes in personality, problems with concentration or memory, and confusion.
Common Causes of Rear-End Collision
Rear-end collisions are more common in cities and towns with stop and go traffic. They may also occur at intersections and along highways. Some of the common causes of these crashes include:
- Distracted Driving: Distractions can prevent a driver from seeing what is directly ahead of them. This often causes them to strike other vehicles that are moving more slowly or stopped.
- Fatigued Driving: When a motorist closes their eyes for a brief moment, this can cause them to miss potential problems on the road. When a driver is aware of them, it may be too late to stop.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol or drug use is a common reason for rear-end collisions. This is due to reduced reaction time and impaired judgment of distance.
- Inclement Weather: The driver’s view of the road may be compromised by rain or fog. This can lead to a rear-end collision.
- Speeding: Traveling above the posted speed limit or too fast for weather or road conditions can reduce a driver’s ability to stop in time to avoid a collision.
Is There Enough Insurance?
After an intersection accident, an injured party may be caught up in a web of pain, mounting medical expenses, and time lost from work. Since these crashes often involve two or more vehicles, the at-fault driver may not have sufficient insurance coverage to pay for damages incurred. In these situations, an injured person may have their losses covered through their own car insurance policy so long as they have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. To learn how damages are claimed in an auto accident caused by an uninsured motorist, watch the below video.
Benefits of Hiring a Merced Personal Injury Lawyer
An auto accident can cause serious injuries for those involved. These injuries can require extensive rehabilitation resulting in high medical bills, wage loss, and pain and suffering. An injured party should not bear the responsibility to pay for expenses caused by the negligence of another driver. An experienced Merced personal injury lawyer can help in these situations by communicating effectively with insurance companies for you. If your injury lawyer and the insurance carrier cannot reach an agreement for settlement, your attorney has the resources to build a strong case for fair compensation.
Merced Personal Injury Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Merced personal injury attorney. When you are injured in an intersection accident, you need the insight from an experienced attorney. Please give me a call at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly case advice.
Find out more about our law firm by seeing our client ratings and reviews on the following pages:
I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates. This forum permits membership to top trial attorneys who have won $1 million or more for a client. I also belong to the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, established for attorneys who exhibit high standards of legal excellence.
To see how our law firm has resolved previous cases for our clients, go to our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Merced Intersection Accident Injures Four: AutoAccident.com
Image :ab / Merced Intersection Accident Injures Four
:ds [cs 826]