Mack Road and Stockton Boulevard Site of Traffic Collision
A major injury accident occurred on August 28 at the intersection of Mack Road and Stockton Boulevard. It happened, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), at approximately 2:39 in the afternoon at the Mack Road onramp. It was reported as a three-vehicle crash. Sacramento Fire was called to the scene to evaluate the injured, including one juvenile. The minor’s mother reported the accident, saying that a driver hit her vehicle.
There are few details about the nature of the injuries or the fleeing vehicle. CHP was on the scene to investigate the accident and search for the hit-and-run driver.
Major Injury Accidents
Although the injuries in a motor vehicle accident vary, some of the most common are:
- Head injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can be life-threatening and result in a coma or the need for constant care. Even lesser forms of head injury such as a concussion can cause difficulty concentrating or personality changes.
- Spinal cord injuries: This type of injury can be devastating and cause total or partial paralysis. Even with partial paralysis, the injured party may need long stretches of rehabilitation and reliance on assistive devices. If the injury occurs at the top of the cervical (neck) spine, the person may be fully paralyzed and need assistance with breathing and eating.
- Neck injuries: Two types of neck injuries are common. One, called cervical strain (whiplash), can result in significant pain that can last for a year or more in some individuals. The other is a herniated disk. This occurs when the soft material between the discs is forced out of position, allowing them to rub against one another and put pressure on the spinal nerve. For many people, a herniated disk injury may require surgical repair.
- Amputations: When a limb is severely damaged such as can happen in a crush injury, amputation may be required. This can be a staggering blow to the person’s psyche and require a long and expensive period of rehabilitation.
- Fractures: Broken bones are common in an auto accident. They range from a simple fracture to one that requires surgical intervention. Even simple fractures can cause residual pain for an extended period after the incident. Other more serious breaks, such as a femur fracture (thigh bone fracture), can take six months or more to heal.
- Facial injury: Major injury to the face can result in scarring or loss of dentition. This major injury is difficult for the injured person to handle on different levels. The effects are physically and psychologically damaging. Besides, cosmetic surgery is often not covered by insurers. This places an enormous burden on the injured party.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: This psychological disorder causes much pain and suffering. It is the result of the anxiety and fear the person feels after the accident.
Compensation in a Major Injury Accident
Our firm strongly believes that no one should pay monetarily for the physical injuries they suffered in an accident caused by a negligent party. That is why we make every effort to obtain the compensation our clients deserve. Some of the damages that can be collected are:
- Medical costs both in and outside of the hospital
- Lost wages, including current and future amounts
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Punitive damages that punish the at-fault party
Investigating a Major Injury
It is crucial to prove that the effects of the accident were the result of negligence on the part of the at-fault driver. Our investigators arrive on the scene to do just that. There, they interview witnesses who saw the accident and obtain digital video footage of the crash from traffic surveillance cameras or other sources such as cell phones.
Also, our investigative team uses accident reconstruction techniques to determine liability in a major injury accident. We check police reports for mistakes. Once all this data is compiled, it is released to our legal team, who use it to build a strong case for our client.
Personal Injury Lawyers in South Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and I am an experienced personal injury lawyer in South Sacramento. Obtain my free and friendly advice about your case by calling (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. If you find it easier, reach out to me online.
I’ve been helping people who live in Sacramento and the surrounding area since 1982 obtain the compensation they deserve. Some of the areas I’ve worked in are all kinds of motor vehicle accidents, wrongful deaths and other traumatic events.
Learn more about my law firm by clicking on the following links:
I am proud to be a member of these organizations:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-accident-broken-glass-splatter-337764/
:cd [cs 804] bw