Oroville Two-Vehicle Accident Occurs on Oroville Dam Boulevard
A West Oroville two-vehicle accident on January 24 caused major injuries to one person. The collision occurred along State Route 162 during the afternoon hours. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) report said the driver of a Ford pickup was exiting Wilbur Road and trying to cross S.R. 162 (Oroville Dam Boulevard) when they collided with a Chevy pickup coming from the east.
Investigation Underway Regarding Oroville Two-Vehicle Accident
The Chevrolet driver sustained major trauma and was transported to Enloe Medical Center in Chico. Authorities reported that neither alcohol nor drugs appeared to factor into the cause of the accident. The CHP traffic accident unit is conducting an ongoing investigation into the accident.
Causes of a Cross-Street Accident
Accidents at cross streets are common and can happen for many reasons. Among the most common are:
- Obscured view: The driver entering the road from a side street may not have a clear view of oncoming traffic due to overgrown shrubbery because it is on a hill or for other reasons. If the area is overgrown and obstructs the view, the government entity responsible for the maintenance may be liable. In California, someone injured in this type of collision has only six months to file a claim, so seeking help from an injury lawyer might be advised.
- Distraction: Distracted driving is a significant cause of an Oroville two-vehicle accident. People are texting or talking on their cell phones, checking their GPS, or changing the radio station. Unfortunately, only a few seconds of distraction is enough to cause an accident.
- Impairment: Intoxication from either alcohol or drugs is another common cause of a two-vehicle accident.
- Traffic infractions: Speeding, running a red light or stop sign, or other traffic infractions cause collisions.
- Fatigue: Driving when too tired can cause an accident because the motorist is less alert and may even fall asleep at the wheel, leading to a severe accident.
Hiring an Injury Lawyer to Handle Your Claim
If you have been injured in an accident due to negligence, you can seek the assistance of an attorney to investigate the situation further. As part of the attorney’s services, he or she will gather the evidence that must be submitted with your compensation claim and negotiate with the insurer of the at-fault party on your behalf. Discover your options for recovering compensation and have your questions answered through our free case review.
By filing a personal injury claim against the negligent party, you can recover all the medical expenses of your Oroville two-vehicle accident. You can also recover your lost wages and compensation for your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
Here are a few tips to consider when hiring a lawyer, according to Ed Smith:
Oroville Auto Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, an Oroville auto accident lawyer. Whenever you need free, friendly advice related to a negligence-related accident injury, please call (530) 392-9400. You can reach us at (800) 404-5400 or online. If you would like to speak with one of our injury lawyers about your case, we will happily schedule a free consultation.
We are proud to be a member of the Top 1 Percent and Million Dollar Advocates. Our accident attorneys have helped countless people recover fair compensation for their injuries over the years, as seen on Settlements and Verdicts, Yelp, and Google.
:cd  cha