SUV Involved in Big Rig Accident on Elk Grove Boulevard Off-Ramp
A big rig accident involving an SUV resulted in major injuries in Elk Grove on August 15. The crash happened off southbound Interstate 5 on the Elk Grove Boulevard off-ramp around 4:49 p.m. California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers who responded to the accident found the big rig and a Chevy SUV along the right-hand side of the off-ramp.
Major Injuries Reported in Two-Vehicle Big Rig Accident
Emergency responders with the Sacramento Fire Department determined that major injuries had occurred in the crash, and at least one person was taken to a hospital. A CHP traffic collision investigation is ongoing to determine the cause.
Evidence in an Accident Can Support an Injured Person’s Compensation Claim
When someone suffers trauma from an accident with a negligent driver, part of the injury lawyer’s job is gathering the evidence to support their claim. Truck accidents are more complicated than those involving other vehicles, especially since the company that employs the driver may be liable and multiple insurance policies might be involved. Type of evidence collected when a trucker/trucking company is responsible for an accident include:
- The big rig collision is examined for typical traffic infractions such as speeding, distracted driving, etc.
- The log book or ELD is examined to see if the driver broke federal and state laws on hours on the road and rest periods. This can also help determine whether the trucker was speeding.
- Maintenance logs are checked to find out whether the vehicle was properly maintained because worn brakes, a leaky fuel line and old tires can lead to a big rig accident.
- If the cargo being hauled was improperly loaded or overloaded, that can cause a collision because the trucker can lose control. It also increases the risk of rollover or jackknifing.
- The background of the trucker and company are looked at to see if there were previous infractions or citations that may indicate a record of negligence.
Obtaining Legal Advice to Pursue a Personal Injury Claim
Investigators can determine who is responsible for any injuries sustained in the Elk Grove collision with the right evidence. To ensure your rights are properly protected, seeking legal advice if you’re involved in a big rig crash is important. The best course of action for recovering compensation for any injuries or damages sustained in an accident can be determined by the help of an experienced attorney. Medical expenses, lost wages, job benefits and pain and suffering are often included in recoverable damages.
The following tips are offered by lawyer Ed Smith in the video below regarding how to seek legal advice after an accident:
Trucking Accident Lawyer in Elk Grove
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a trucking accident lawyer in Elk Grove. There can be serious trauma caused by a big rig accident, requiring hospitalization and leaving you unable to work. You can reach us at (916) 694-0002 or (800) 404-5400 if you need free, friendly advice. You can contact us online as well.
If you seek legal advice about your case, information about a law firm can be helpful. Our Settlements and Verdicts section shows you a few of our cases. You are also welcome to see what our injury lawyers’ clients have to say about our firm on Google and Yelp.
As a way of demonstrating how our accident attorneys have helped others, we are honored to be a member of these organizations:
:cd llo [cs 600]