Lincoln Multiple Car Collision
Lincoln Multiple Car Collision – A major Lincoln car collision occurred on October 9, 2018, along Highway 65, shortly before 7:00 in the evening, which resulted in multiple injuries and one fatality. According to Cal Fire, there were three vehicles involved, including a tractor-trailer, along the northbound lanes of the highway at West Wise Road. One vehicle, which ended up in a ditch, caught on fire as a result of the accident and caused 1.5 acres to burn. Another car experienced a rollover.
I want to take this opportunity to offer my condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.
Lincoln Multiple Car Collision Details
Highway 65 was shut down while firefighters controlled the blaze and the accident was cleared. The lanes heading northbound were reopened at about 11:00 p.m. The five people who were hurt in the crash were reported to have suffered minor injuries. No word has yet been released on the identity of the individual who died.
Statistics on Lincoln Multiple Car Collision Accidents
In Lincoln itself, there were 129 traffic injuries and fatalities in 2015, but these do not reflect accidents along Highway 65 and California State Route 193 outside the city. The numbers were much higher for Placer County. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, 1,446 injuries and deaths as a result of an accident occurred in 2015. Of those, 384 accident injuries and fatalities were speed-related, and 51 were hit and runs.
Causes for a Car Collision Rollover
Rollovers have some causes, including the following:
- Tripping: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that 95 percent of rollovers are caused by the act of tripping. This is when the tires of the vehicle strike something such as soft dirt, a guardrail or gravel that impedes the vehicle’s motion on one side.
- Multiple vehicle accident: The NHTSA reports that 20 percent of all rollovers happen in multiple vehicle collisions. This is caused by the vehicle being broadsided by another car, which causes it to unbalance. This type of accident also occurs at intersections.
- Tire blowout: Poorly maintained or underinflated tires can result in a blowout, which can cause the vehicle to roll over. A design defect in the tire can also cause this type of accident.
- Vehicle: It has been proven that certain cars that have a higher center of gravity such as a pickup, SUV or van have a heightened tendency to roll over in a crash. Some vehicles that do not have sufficient roof strength to stay intact in a rollover may end up with a crushed roof. This increases the likelihood of traumatic brain injuries or deaths.
- Poorly maintained roads: Adequate road maintenance is important in preventing rollovers. Striking a pothole, upheaval in the pavement or other lack of maintenance can result in a rollover.
Ways to Avoid a Car Collision Rollover
Drivers can lessen the risk of a car collision rollover by doing the following:
- Don’t exceed the speed limit: Speeding is involved in the majority of collisions, and a rollover can happen if a driver loses control or speeds around a curve.
- Monitor the vehicle’s tires: Worn and underinflated or overinflated tires can cause a rollover.
- Wear your seat belt: Everyone traveling in a vehicle should always wear a seat belt. Since half of rollovers result in fatalities and can cause serious injuries, this is important if a vehicle overturns.
- Load cargo carefully: To avoid unbalancing a vehicle, which can cause a rollover, place the heaviest objects as close to the center of the car as possible.
Lincoln Wrongful Death Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Lincoln wrongful death lawyer. A car collision rollover can cost the life of your loved one or result in traumatic injuries. If it was caused by another’s negligence, you may be able to obtain fair compensation for that loss and defend your rights. Please call me for compassionate, free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400, or feel free to call on my toll-free line at (800) 404-5400.
I belong to the Million Dollar Advocates, which represent top trial lawyers who have won a settlement/verdict of more than one million dollars for a client.
For more than 36 years, I’ve helped numerous individuals around Lincoln and other Northern Californians to receive the compensation they need and deserve in all types of car accidents, truck collisions, and other personal injuries.
When you are looking for legal representation, knowing something about the law practice is important. You are welcome to look over my client reviews and synopsis of some of our previous cases at:
Photo Attribution: pixabay.com
:cd cha [cs 788] cv