Injuries Reported in Tracy Truck Accident
I’m Ed Smith, a Tracy personal injury lawyer. A truck accident involving a passenger vehicle occurred along Interstate 580 near Tracy on April 12, 2018. Unfortunately, one party suffered injuries in the collision. The truck accident took place at approximately 12:04 pm along the interstate where a big rig collided with a silver Kia Optima sedan. A cement block reportedly struck the windshield of the Kia, causing the vehicle to sustain major front-end damage in the crash. Towing services were needed at the scene to remove the disabled Kia off the roadway.
Nature of Injuries
An ambulance was called to the scene to render aid to the injured parties. An update on their conditions has not yet been released by officials.
What Caused the Accident?
An exact cause of the truck accident is not yet known as an investigation is underway by authorities.
Common Factors in Truck Accidents
Some of the most dangerous accidents on California roadways today are those caused by large commercial trucks. Some of the common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Texting while driving is a major reason for automobile accidents among all motorists. However, when a trucker diverts their attention from the roadway to answer a text, it can have severe repercussions.
- Fatigued Driving: When a motorist is affected by fatigue, it can slow their reflexes and make them less alert. It is important for a truck driver to receive ample rest to stay focused, especially when driving long hours to meet their company’s scheduling and demands.
- Speeding: Commercial truck speeding can cause serious injury to anyone due to their overwhelming size and weight.
- Inadequate Training: Sufficient skill and expertise are necessary for handling a big rig. Insufficient training of a driver can result in a rollover or a jackknife situation, which can have fatal consequences.
- Poor Truck Maintenance: A common cause of many truck accidents includes equipment malfunction. This oftentimes includes faulty brakes, engine problems, tire blowouts and light.
Determining liability in a truck accident can be more difficult than passenger vehicle accidents and require the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney in Tracy.
Related Content by Edward A Smith:
Tracy Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Tracy personal injury lawyer. Accidents involving negligent truck drivers can result in devastating injuries compounded by mounting medical bills. If this has happened to you or someone you love, please call me at (209) 227-1931 for free, friendly advice. You may also contact me toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Our client ratings may be read at:
I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates.
Please feel free to look over a list of our prior cases and their results on our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Image Source: By “Elfiepenn” via Pixabay
:ds [cs 483] cv