Bicyclist Injured on Zinfandel Drive Off-Ramp
An injury accident involving a hit-and-run driver and bicyclist occurred in Rancho Cordova on February 3. The collision occurred around 10:27 p.m. on the Zinfandel Drive off-ramp exiting eastbound U.S. 50. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) accident report said that the bicycle rider was in the off-ramp’s crosswalk when the collision occurred.
CHP Seeking Hit-and-Run Injury Accident Driver
Medics with the fire department were called to the scene to assess the injuries to the bicycle rider. Although an injury was reported, no additional information was provided. The CHP is investigating the injury accident to determine fault and are seeking the whereabouts of the hit-and-run driver.
After a Hit-and-Run, Finding the Driver Who Fled
Whenever a driver flees the scene of an accident, it is important to track them down so that injured parties can file a claim for compensation. Our experience shows that recovering from an accident caused by another party is not easy. The party at fault should be responsible for paying for medical bills, loss of wages and pain and suffering that follows an accident. We have been successful in many cases, tracking down drivers who have fled an accident scene. Fleeing drivers can be located in a number of ways, including:
- As soon as our investigators reach the accident site, they begin collecting evidence. In addition to taking photos of the scene, they examine it for paint marks and metal fragments. Since those items are specific to certain years and manufacturers, they are useful for identifying a vehicle’s make and model.
- In order to check if the hit-and-run accident was captured on film, traffic surveillance cameras are checked. Using the camera footage, it may be possible to prove what caused the accident as well as identify the vehicle responsible for it.
- During the investigation, the investigators verify that the police report is accurate. A mistake can affect the compensation claim of the client.
- Reconstruction of an accident can reveal the person responsible for the collision.
- Any witnesses to the accident will be interviewed by the investigators. It is not unusual for witnesses to identify or describe the vehicle that fled the scene. In some cases, a driver may even have been identified. Last but not least, a witness may have videotaped the accident while it was happening.
Our injury lawyers use the evidence gathered in assembling a case to support our client’s compensation claims.
The Cost of Accident Injuries Can Be Covered by Insurance
Even when the at-fault driver can be found, he or she may not be able to pay for the accident injuries and could be uninsured. In that event, injured parties can seek compensation through their uninsured/underinsured coverage. All California drivers are offered this policy when purchasing their auto insurance. Alternatively, if the injured person does not have the policy, but another immediate family member has it, that can also be used. It does not change the monthly premium.
Rancho Cordova Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rancho Cordova personal injury lawyer. Bicycle accidents often cause serious trauma and lead to high medical expenses, lost time from work and the pain and suffering that accompanies it. If this happened to you and a negligent driver was the cause, we can offer you free and friendly advice on whether you can place a claim to recover compensation. Contact us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We can schedule a virtual, no-obligation meeting online where you can get your questions answered, have your case reviewed and find out about options to recover damages. You can also send us a message online.
We are honored to be California members of the organizations that follow:
Having information about a law firm can be helpful when you are looking for free advice about your case. The links that follow show you how we have helped others following a bicycle accident:
:cd llo