CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: What We Are Doing to Protect Our Clients

Hit and Run Accident in Carmichael Injures Motorcyclist

Hit and Run Accident in Carmichael Injures Motorcyclist

In Carmichael on October 8, a hit and run accident occurred at the intersection of Kenneth Avenue and Fair Oaks Boulevard shortly before 8:30 in the evening. The accident involved a motor vehicle and a motorcycle, resulting in injury to the biker. After the accident, the driver fled the scene, and the California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the motorcyclist was down in the roadway and was transported to a nearby hospital by emergency responders. At this time, the condition of the biker has not yet been updated. A tow truck had to be called to remove the motorcycle. Information was not provided on the motor vehicle involved. However, anyone who witnessed the accident is urged to call the CHP with information that might be helpful in identifying the driver. The CHP is in charge of the investigation to determine how the accident happened.

Hit and Run Accident

Hit and run accidents happen when a motorist hits another vehicle, a pedestrian, cyclist, motorcyclist, or a stationary object and leaves the scene without providing contact information or help. In Sacramento and the surrounding areas, this is a common problem. Although it does not matter if you caused the hit and run accident or not, many drivers flee the scene for various reasons:

  • They are afraid of being blamed for the accident.
  • The driver does not have an up-to-date driver’s license.
  • The motorist panics and runs.
  • The driver does not have a current registration.
  • The car is stolen.
  • The driver is impaired by drugs or alcohol and does not want to be caught.
  • The vehicle is carrying drugs.
  • The driver is uninsured.

Paying for Expenses After a Crash With a Hit and Run Driver

If a hit and run accident driver is apprehended, you have the right to file a lawsuit against their insurance to pay for your damages. But, what happens if the driver is not caught or if they lack car insurance? If you have uninsured motorist coverage as part of your car insurance policy, your own insurer will pay for it without raising your rates. It pays for damages up to the limit of your car insurance policy. So, if your policy covers you for $50,000, so will the uninsured insurance. Alternately, you might not carry uninsured motorist coverage. If a family member in your home does carry it, you can be paid under their insurance policy. Their rates will not go up either. 

Please watch the following video presented by attorney Ed Smith on uninsured motorist insurance:


What an Attorney Can Do to Help 

After an accident, many people recognize that they need the services of an experienced attorney if they are going to obtain the compensation they deserve. The insurance companies not only have lawyers of their own, but they are interested in saving as much money as they can despite the injured person’s needs. One deciding factor is evidence proving that the injured party was hurt and needs to be compensated. Our firm starts by sending our investigative team to the site of the accident. There, we scour the scene for anything that will help to locate the perpetrator. This can include paint smears since vehicle models often have a specific and identifying paint mix. We also interview witnesses to the crash and obtain video footage from surveillance cameras on traffic lights and on storefronts in the area. We also review the police report for errors. Once this data is gathered, we turn it over to our legal team, who use it to get the best possible result for our client.

Carmichael Motorcycle Accident Lawyer

I’m Ed Smith, a Carmichael motorcycle accident lawyer. Intersection accidents involving motorcycles are far too common and usually the fault of the motorist. If this happened to you, contact me at (916) 921-6400 for my free and friendly advice. I can also be reached through the toll-free line at (800) 404-5400 or by filling out the contact form online

I’ve worked as an injury lawyer in the Sacramento area since 1982, helping those injured through someone else’s negligence obtain compensation. Some areas I practice in are all types of traffic collisions, traumas such as brain injuries, and wrongful deaths.

For information on cases handled by my law firm and client reviews, please go to the following links:

I am a California member of the following:

Photo Attribution:;

:cd llo [cs 753]

Contact Information