Stockton Car Accident Fatality
A head-on collision in Stockton claimed the life of a man on November 15, 2018. The accident occurred shortly before 11:30 in the evening along Eight Mile Road in the vicinity of Stony Gorge Drive. A preliminary report by the Stockton Police Department suggested that one of the vehicles involved had overturned several times. Sadly, the driver of the overturned vehicle was pronounced deceased at the scene by emergency responders. Officials have identified the victim as Gurshan Kooner, a 30-year-old Yreka resident.
I would like to extend my condolences to the loved ones of Mr. Kooner during this difficult time.
Details of the Stockton Car Accident Fatality
Officials have stated that an investigation is ongoing to determine what caused this car accident. So far, investigators have not yet confirmed any suspected causal factors.
Head-on collisions often have devastating, life-changing consequences for those involved. In some cases, these collisions can prove fatal. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, these crashes account for only 2 percent of all traffic collisions. However, they comprise nearly 20 percent of all traffic accident fatalities.
Wrongful Death Claims
When a fatal crash occurs, it can mean serious consequences for surviving family members. Not only do they have to undergo a sudden, preventable loss of a loved one, but it can also mean losing a source of emotional and financial support. Under these circumstances, family members of decedents may file a wrongful death claim to seek payment for their losses. To learn more about these types of cases, watch the following YouTube video. If you have questions about your case, contact an experienced wrongful death attorney in Stockton to discuss your options for recovery.
Recovering Damages in a Stockton Car Accident Fatality
The following damages may be recovered in a wrongful death lawsuit:
- End-of-life medical care, which may be claimed under a survival action. This includes a decedent’s physician and hospital bills, emergency transport, and other expenses in addition to pain and suffering experienced before expiring
- Expenses for a loved one’s funeral and burial
- Household services provided by the decedent, which can include vehicle maintenance, child care, tax preparation, and other services
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of income as well as pension, IRA contributions, insurance, and other wages a decedent would have earned
- Loss of affection, protection, companionship, and care may be claimed
- Loss of inheritance may be recovered since the deceased is longer able to contribute to his or her family
Stockton Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Stockton car accident lawyer. No one deserves to go through an unexpected loss without assistance. If you or a loved one have been injured or killed in an accident caused by a negligent party or entity, I am here to provide you with free, friendly legal advice on your situation. You are welcome to contact me anytime at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Browse our client comments on the following links:
I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates. This forum includes top trial attorneys with a past verdict or settlement worth $1 million and over.
Learn more about our past cases and their results on our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Stockton Car Accident Fatality: AutoAccident.com
Photograph Source: By “StockSnap” via Pixabay
:ds [cs 567] cv