Woman Dies After Intersection Accident on Walters Road
An accident fatality was reported in Fairfield following a July 8 collision which left her initially in critical condition. The accident occurred at the Walters Road intersection with Walters Court around 4:40 p.m. between two vehicles. One of the people involved in the accident had to be extricated, according to a spokesperson with the Fairfield Fire Department.
Investigation Underway to Determine Cause of Accident Fatality
A second person also suffered major injuries in the crash. Both were transported to a nearby hospital, where a woman in her 50s was declared dead. An alert was put out by the Fairfield Police Department after the accident fatality to notify motorists that Walters Road from Air Base Parkway and East Tabor Avenue was closed as an investigation into the accident was conducted. The roadway reopened shortly before 8:50 p.m.
Damages Recoverable in Wrongful Death Claims
Losing a loved one suddenly because of an accident fatality is traumatic for family members and not only leaves them grieving but wondering how they will move forward without the additional income and care that person provided. Our accident attorneys understand what our clients are going through, at AutoAccident.com, we treat your family the same way we would our own. Our responsibility is to handle your case so that the family can grieve peacefully with the knowledge that they will be compensated for their loss. Following are some of the types of damages that are recoverable in wrongful death cases:
- A decedent’s earnings, including bonuses, benefits from insurance and pensions and any other monies they earned, can be recovered until they would have reached the normal age of retirement.
- Funeral and burial costs can be recovered by the family.
- Death of the decedent may result in the loss of love, emotional support, and consortium by the surviving spouse, which can be claimed.
- It is possible for a decedent’s children to claim that they will be deprived of guidance and nurturing in the future due to the loss.
- Loss of inheritance is recoverable in some cases.
- The family may also claim the loss of household services for areas where the decedent worked around the home. This may include childcare, cooking, tax preparation, gardening, and other areas.
Getting Advice After an Accident Fatality
During the difficult time of filing for wrongful death following the accident fatality of a family’s loved one, our firm’s attorneys and staff provide compassionate answers and service. The families of those who lost a loved one due to another’s negligence can receive a free, no-obligation case review at our firm. Get in touch with us for a free consultation in person or virtually, so we can discuss the possibilities of recovering compensation for the losses you sustained. Also, we are available to assist you with any questions you may have about filing a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Attorney in Fairfield
I’m Ed Smith, a wrongful death attorney in Fairfield. If a negligent driver caused the death of your loved one, the family may want to find out whether they can file a wrongful death claim. We can be contacted for our compassionate, free and friendly advice at (707) 564-1900. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us an online message. As personal injury lawyers, you owe us nothing until we’ve won your case.
We are members of:
Additional information on how our injury lawyers assisted others in obtaining fair compensation can be found below:
:cd llo