Pedestrian Fatality Accident Occurs on Folsom Boulevard
A pedestrian fatality accident was reported on January 3 in Fair Oaks. The collision was reported around 5:58 p.m. along Folsom Boulevard between Butterfield Way and Bradshaw Road. When California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers received a call that a pedestrian had been struck, they arrived at the scene to determine what had happened.
Vehicle Removed as Evidence in Pedestrian Fatality Accident
Emergency responders with the fire department also arrived, and the number two, as well as part of the number one lane, were blocked. No information was provided on the driver or vehicle that struck the pedestrian. However, the vehicle was towed as evidence.
The Sacramento County Coroner was called to the scene to declare the pedestrian deceased. Officials have recently identified the deceased as 28-year-old Paulie Dao. A GoFundMe page has been created in support of the Dao family.
Fatality Accidents Caused by Negligence
Drivers are typically responsible for many traffic collisions because of their mistakes or negligence. Families who lose a loved one in a pedestrian fatality accident may be able to file a wrongful death claim against the other driver’s insurance company or file a civil lawsuit against the defendant if necessary. An injury or fatality accident is often caused by negligence in the following ways:
- A pedestrian fatality accident at an intersection is often caused by running a red light.
- It is still a factor in many accidents when drunk drivers are on the road despite efforts by the community and police to educate people about the dangers.
- Drivers who are distracted while driving can cause fatal accidents if they are texting, chatting or otherwise not paying attention to the road and surrounding traffic.
- Fatigued driving is a contributing factor to a surprising number of fatal accidents. Swing shift workers, those who stay up late the night before and those with multiple jobs are more likely to cause fatal accidents.
- Speeding is one of the leading causes of fatal accidents. Driving too fast increases the likelihood that the driver will lose control of the vehicle or have difficulty stopping.
Recovering Compensation in a Wrongful Death Claim
As your injury lawyers, we go into the trenches and fight hard to gather evidence for your claim. We gather evidence by taking the following steps:
- In the event of a fatality accident, our investigative team goes directly to the scene to take photos, scout the terrain for signs of government negligence in road maintenance and collect other evidence.
- Our investigators examine the police report to ensure it is accurate, since mistakes can limit our clients’ compensation options.
- It is important to interview any witnesses to the fatality accident in order to get a clearer understanding of what they saw. In some cases, witness statements can be corroborated by cell phone recordings, which sometimes capture what happened as it occurred.
- Businesses and traffic surveillance cameras are checked for footage that might have captured the accident.
The evidence is then presented to our injury lawyers after it has been compiled. Our attorneys prepare a robust case based on this evidence to support our client’s wrongful death lawsuit.
Fair Oaks Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Fair Oaks wrongful death lawyer. A motor vehicle accident caused by negligence may result in compensation for those who lost a loved one. Get free and friendly advice from our accident attorneys at (916) 921-6400. If you would like to contact us, you may also do so by calling (800) 404-5400 or by completing an online form.
Among the organizations we are honored to belong to are:
Check out the links below to see how our injury lawyers have helped others:
Photo attribution: Image by Myriams-Fotos from Pixabay
:cd llo  ds