East Sacramento Traffic Collision
East Sacramento Traffic Collision. A traffic collision between three or four vehicles occurred along westbound U.S. Highway 50 recently in East Sacramento that resulted in injuries. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), one of the individuals involved in the accident appeared to be in serious pain, and the fire department was called to attend to that person. It is unknown at this time whether the injury was treated at the scene, or the person was taken to a hospital for further evaluation.
Details of the East Sacramento Traffic Collision
The traffic collision occurred along the highway just east of the Watt Avenue off-ramp shortly after 5:00 in the afternoon. It involved a Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Tercel, a big rig and another unidentified vehicle. As a result of the collision, the big rig and Toyota were blocking the number three lane, while the other two vehicles were along the right-hand side. It has not been reported whether alcohol or drugs were a factor in the crash, and the accident is currently under investigation by the CHP.
Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
A traffic collision along highways are unfortunately common but nearly always attributed to some sort of error on the part of a driver. Because vehicles are moving at a higher rate of speed than drivers on city streets, they can result in more serious injuries. More common injuries suffered in motor vehicle collisions include:
- Broken bones: These are common injuries in all types of car accidents and may include the legs and arms. Broken clavicles are common from the pressure of the shoulder restraint. However, fractures of the pelvis, ribs, and skull also occur.
- Chest trauma: Chest pain following a traffic collision can indicate an injury. From bruised or broken ribs to muscle strain and damage to the lungs or heart, these types of chest injuries often require hospitalization.
- Brain and head injuries: More than 50 percent of traumatic brain injuries that are reported occur as a result of a motor vehicle accident. The Glasgow Coma Scale is used to evaluate the extent of mild or moderate TBI. Severe brain injury can be life-threatening and require long-term care in a medical setting.
- Facial trauma: Injuries to the face can include soft tissue damage, broken bones, and damage to the eyes, nose, and mouth. Extensive damage may require cosmetic surgery to repair.
- Abdominal injuries: Organ damage and hemorrhaging are the biggest dangers in injuries to the abdomen, which can lead to a life-threatening medical emergency. Heavy bruising may also occur.
- Spinal damage: Injuries caused to the spinal column will depend on the location where the harm occurred. Spinal cord injuries may be complete or incomplete. This means that partial or complete paralysis may occur or cause limited damage to the limbs.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. A traffic collision caused by another driver who is negligent can result in mounting medical bills, time away from work and other expenses, which can be reimbursed with the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer. Call me at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice, or I can be reached at (800) 404-5400. We also offer a convenient online contact form at AutoAccident.com, which will be responded to promptly.
Since 1982, I have assisted those who were injured through negligence in Sacramento and elsewhere in Northern California to obtain compensation in areas such as head and brain injuries and all types of car accidents.
As a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, I belong to a group composed of the top trial lawyers around the country who have won a trial verdict or case settlement in excess of one million dollars for a client.
Gathering information about a law firm is a good idea before choosing the one you want to represent your case. Some of my former clients have been kind enough to leave reviews or comments at the following sites, where you can also find a list of some of our previous cases:
Source of East Sacramento Traffic Collision: Autoaccident.com
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/car-accident-broken-glass-splatter-337764/
:cd cha [cs 712] cv