Drowsy Driving Reported in Riverbank Car Accident
Drowsy driving was reported to be a possible factor in a Riverbank car accident that occurred on the morning of August 6, 2019. The three-car crash occurred around 11:45 a.m. at the intersection of Claribel Road and Albers Road, just east of Riverbank. It involved a white Ford sedan, a silver Ford SUV, and a red Dodge Nitro SUV. The Ford sedan was stopped at a red light at the intersection with the Dodge stopped behind it. The driver of the Ford SUV was approaching the two vehicles from behind and reportedly rear-ended the Dodge as the traffic light turned green. The impact propelled the Dodge into the Ford sedan, causing the Dodge to overturn and land on its roof. Fatigue was believed to be a factor in the crash, based on the statement provided to officials by the Ford SUV driver. Information on the number of people injured and their conditions was not immediately available.
What to Do After a Riverbank Car Accident
After an auto accident in Riverbank, you probably want to know what options you have for recovery. To protect yourself after an accident, follow these steps:
- Notify Police: California law requires that any driver that is involved in an accident to stop at the scene and contact authorities. Vehicles should be moved to a safe location if they cause a danger to oncoming motorists. Only give police your account of the accident and ask for a traffic collision report to be taken. Request a copy of this report when it is ready and submit it to your insurer.
- Contact Medical Responders: If anyone was injured in the accident, call 9-1-1 to request an ambulance at the scene. Do not attempt to move an injured party unless they are in a life-threatening situation.
- Exchange Information: Every motorist is required to provide their name, address, and insurance policy information with the other driver. This information should be written down and stored in a safe, secure place. It is also critical to document the other driver’s license identification number and plate number for their vehicle.
- Witnesses: If anyone witnessed the accident, try to get their name, address, and phone number. This is essential to have to prove liability on the part of the other driver.
- Medical Treatment: Seek medical care promptly after an auto accident. Maintain follow-up appointments with your primary physician and avoid gaps in treatment. An insurance claims adjuster may question the nature of your injuries if there are any delays in medical treatment. This is why it is critical to document every symptom you have with your doctor to ensure you receive a fair recovery for your losses.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Whenever you are involved in an accident involving property damage or injuries, you will need to contact your insurance carrier immediately. If you fail to do so, they may refuse to cover your claim.
Keep in mind that insurance companies are not always on your side, even your own. Insurers are focused on their bottom line, and auto accident claims may be expensive. Insurance claims adjusters are trained to use tactics to reduce the value of a case or even deny it altogether. For details on whether to trust the insurance company to give you a fair settlement, watch the below video.
Rollover Accidents and Roof Crush Resistance
When multiple vehicles are involved in a collision, the impact may cause one or more to overturn. In such situations, a crush-resistant roof is an essential factor in reducing the severity of injuries suffered in a rollover. Automakers are required to follow Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 216 on roof crush resistance. When a vehicle’s roof fails to meet these standards, the automaker may be held financially responsible for damages and injuries suffered. This is why it is critical to have an experienced attorney at your side after a rollover accident. A lawyer has the resources to hire accident reconstruction experts and other professionals in the field to build a strong auto products liability case on your behalf.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Modesto
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto auto accident attorney. Getting into an accident may be a stressful situation, particularly when injuries are involved. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, please call me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly case advice.
Before you hire a lawyer to handle your case, it is best to learn more about their law practice. You are invited to look at ratings and reviews by our past clients on:
I am an active member of several legal organizations, including the Million Dollar Advocates and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. The first forum is for trial attorneys who have obtained $1 million or more through a case verdict or settlement. The other group is for attorneys who provide the highest standards of excellence to their clients.
As a Modesto auto accident attorney, I work hard to help those who have been injured in a car accident recover the compensation they need and deserve. If you are interested in how we have handled cases for our former clients, go to our Verdicts and Settlements page.
:ds llo [cs 900]