Single-Vehicle Crash Injures Driver at Auburn Boulevard Intersection
A woman in an SUV was hospitalized after being involved in a single-vehicle crash on January 4 at a Sacramento intersection near Henry Renfree Field. The accident occurred around 1:00 p.m. at the Auburn Boulevard Intersection with Bridge Road after her vehicle struck a rock and a fence. A caller to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) who reported the collision said they were unsure whether the accident involved a hit and run.
Investigators Determining Cause of Single-Vehicle Crash
Officers located the injured driver along the right-hand side of the road and summoned first responders with the Sacramento Fire Department. Paramedics determined the woman had suffered a head injury in the crash and transported her for additional medical care to Mercy San Juan Medical Center. Investigators are determining what happened to make the driver lose control of her vehicle.
How an Investigation Determines Why an Accident Occurred
A lawyer’s job in an auto accident involves determining liability. By doing so, it assists the injured client in getting compensation for their injuries if it turns out that negligence by another person or entity was the cause. In order to collect this supporting evidence, investigations are conducted in the following areas:
- The police report is examined to determine whether it is accurate. If not, it might affect the injured client’s ability to recover compensation.
- Witnesses to the accident are interviewed. Some may be able to describe how the single-vehicle crash occurred and whether there were other drivers involved. At times, a witness videotaped the accident on their cell phone, which provides compelling evidence.
- In order to determine if surveillance cameras in the area captured the collision on video, they are examined, including those at nearby businesses. Should a tape exist, it can be obtained by subpoena.
- The investigators perform accident reconstruction, which can show how the single-vehicle crash occurred by indicating the placement of the vehicle before, during and after the collision.
- Among the factors that could have contributed to or caused the major accident is the lack of maintenance of the roadways around the crash site. Financial liability could be imposed on the government entity in charge if it is found. Using an accident attorney to handle your claim against a government entity is advisable since the statute of limitations in California is six months. If a claim is filed after that date, the court will refuse to consider it.
- A defect in an auto part can lead to a single-vehicle crash. Recalls occur frequently and because a defect can cause an accident, the vehicle should be examined to see if that was the reason for the crash. From an accelerator that sticks to a defective tire, brakes or other parts, an auto product liability claim may be placed to recover compensation from the manufacturer and others in the production line.
If your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you might be able to recover compensation by filing a personal injury claim. Because personal injury lawyers work on a contingency, you owe us nothing unless we win your case.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. Injuries in an intersection crash can be severe and leave you with medical bills, the inability to work and pain and suffering that wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for another’s negligence. Call us at (916) 921-6400 if you would like free and friendly advice from an accident attorney on whether you can file a claim to recover compensation. You can also contact us online or at (800) 404-5400.
Discover how our injury lawyers assisted clients by using the following links:
We’re members of:
:cd llo