Driver Crashes Car Into Tree in Brentwood
I’m Ed Smith, a Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer. One man suspected of driving under the influence lost control of his car and crashed into a tree at O’Hara Avenue in Brentwood on Saturday, June 23, 2018. It was slightly past 1:00 a.m. when the driver was moving southbound down O’Hara Avenue in his silver Ford Focus sedan. His vehicle started to drift off the road after passing Atherton Boulevard. It traveled through the surrounding landscaping before crashing into a tree. The car appeared to have driven up the tree trunk before it severed it from its base at roughly eight feet up. The car came to a rest as its entire roof was covered by the crown of the tree.
This accident is currently under investigation by the Brentwood Police Department. Field sobriety tests were administered to the driver, but their results have not been publicly disclosed. The driver suffered minor injuries from the wreck.
Drunk Driving Facts
DUI’s are nothing to take lightly, even if you insist to your friends that you are “fine to drive.” Below are some DUI-related facts from DoSomething.org:
- Many people insist that certain measures can be taken to help someone sober up faster than normal. Taking a cold shower, drinking coffee, and exercise are all believed to help speed up the process of getting sober. These are common misconceptions. The only thing that will allow someone to sober up is time.
- The average drunk driver will drive under the influence roughly 80 times before getting arrested for the first time.
- Drunk driving accident fatalities happen every 51 minutes in America, which equals 27 people per day.
- Drunk driving accident injuries happen every 2 minutes in America.
- Roughly 50 – 75% of the people who had their license revoked for a DUI were driving illegally without their license at the time of the incident.
- Traffic accidents are the number one cause of death for teenagers, and almost one-third of such accidents are alcohol-related or involve other illegal substances.
- Since the 1980’s, the number of traffic accidents involving alcohol per population has seen a 50% decrease, with the biggest reduction impacting those between the ages of 16 – 20.
- 17% of all fatalities regarding children ages 14 or younger were related to alcohol-impaired traffic accidents in 2010.
- Teenagers and adolescents that try drinking at a young age are 7 times more likely to be in an alcohol-impaired car accident at some point in their lives.
More by Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer, Ed Smith:
- DUI Driver Causes Car Crash in Brentwood
- DUI Fatal Accidents Increase on Holidays
- New California Bill Would Increase DUI Education Funding
Brentwood Car Accident & Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer. Drunk driving accidents are some of the most deadly auto accidents. If you were injured in an accident caused by a negligent drunk driver, please call me today at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly legal advice.
Former clients have given me online assessments and ratings on the webpages listed below:
If you would like to see the outcomes I’ve achieved with past cases, please peruse my verdicts and settlements page.
I am a member in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for the State of California. To be included in this fellowship, an attorney must have reached a trial verdict for a past client exceeding $1 Million.
Image Credit: Author Deposit Photos
:jf [cs 590] cv