Citrus Heights Personal Injuries
Citrus Heights Personal Injuries – Personal injuries can cover a wide range of accident situations besides motor vehicle crashes. The common denominator in a personal injury claim is that a negligent party or entity caused the accident. If that negligence hadn’t happened, the injury would not have occurred. When someone has been injured due to another party’s carelessness, he or she may be able to claim fair compensation for time lost at work, medical expenses and pain and suffering. Learn more about the types of accidents that can result in a personal injury and the injuries they are most likely to incur.
Accidents That Can Cause Citrus Heights Personal Injuries
Personal injuries can happen in a number of different ways. Following are some of the types of personal injuries that are encountered:
- Motorcycle crashes: Terrible injuries often occur when a motorcycle collides with another vehicle. When the driver is found to be at fault, the rider of the motorcycle may be able to claim compensation. Motorcycle riders often suffer broken bones, internal trauma, and head injuries.
- Bicycle collisions: Bicycle riders are among the most vulnerable due to their lack of protection and visibility. Bicycle riders may experience broken bones, traumatic head injuries and other serious types of trauma.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are often involved in motor vehicle collisions. While some are caused when the walker tries to cross a street in the middle of the block or after dark, others happen at designated intersections. Many accidents are caused when a driver runs a red light or makes a right-hand turn, striking the pedestrian. The most serious injuries to pedestrians include traumatic brain injury, abdominal and chest injuries and spinal cord damage.
- Products liability: Dangerous products from automobile defects to contaminated foods or mislabeled drugs cause many personal injuries each year. Under products liability law, negligence does not have to be proved. It only requires that the product caused the injury and that the item was used as intended without any alterations. Injuries depend on the type of product that is defective.
- Premises liability: Homeowners, companies and private entities are required to maintain premises in safe condition. If personal injuries occur, they may be due to uneven or broken pavement, poorly maintained stairs or for other reasons. Broken bones, electrocution, and other injuries may occur, as well as slips and falls.
- Sports accidents: Baseball, football, and other sports can result in injuries caused by negligence. One example is a football player with a head injury who is allowed to stay in the game. Back and head injuries, along with damage to joints, are common in sports injuries.
- Work injuries: Falls, machinery, and lack of the correct safety equipment can cause personal injuries. While workplace accidents are normally covered by workers’ compensation under the U.S. Department of Labor, there are instances where a suit can be filed for recovery of damages.
- Swimming pools: Whether privately owned or public facilities, accidental drownings and electrocution, as well as dangerous falls, can occur in and around swimming pools.
- Amusement parks and public events: Those who provide entertainment for the public are also responsible for their safety. When the park or event owner is negligent, the person who is injured can seek fair compensation.
Citrus Heights Personal Injury Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Citrus Heights personal injury lawyer. When you are faced with rising medical bills and loss of wages because you were injured through negligence and are concerned with how you will pay those bills, call me for free and friendly advice. You can reach me in Citrus Heights at (916) 921-6400, or use my toll-free line (800) 404-5400 from anywhere. In addition, on AutoAccident.com, I offer a contact us form.
As a Million Dollar Advocates California member, I join with top trial lawyers from around the country who have obtained for a client a verdict/settlement in excess of $1 million.
I’ve worked as an injury lawyer for more than 36 years to help injured residents of Citrus Heights and Northern California get fair compensation for their injuries in areas such as wrongful death, all types of car accidents and catastrophic brain injuries to mention a few.
Learn more by reading reviews left by my previous clients, and see a list of our prior cases and how they were resolved at:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/ambulance-architecture-building-business-263402/Citrus Heights Personal Injuries.
:cd cha [cs 757] cv