Avoiding Vallejo Motorcycle Accidents
Avoiding Vallejo Motorcycle Accidents – Recent years have seen a high number of motorcycle accidents across the country. National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) reports that nearly 5,000 motorcycle accident deaths take place in the U.S. every year. Additionally, California is the state with the highest number of motorcycle collisions. While this is partly because California has the largest population, there are over 800,000 registered motorcycles in the state. With so many motorcyclists using the roadways, the chances of being in an accident involving a motorcycle are increased. Many motorcycle collisions are caused by negligent driving and roadways can be made safer if both vehicle drivers and motorcyclists drive cautiously.
Riding defensively increases the safety of motorcyclists. Below are some suggestions for defensive driving:
- Take a defensive motorcycle riding course if you have not done so. This can make a big difference in avoiding a crash.
- Be extra careful at intersections and always make sure you leave ample room for vehicles in front of you.
- When you approach an intersection, make sure to keep your hands on the brake and clutch levers just in case you need to perform an emergency stop or turn.
- Try to keep on the left-hand side of your lane. This can help avoid a collision if a vehicle decides to share your lane to make a left turn.
- Be careful around cars using turn signals. Many drivers report that they don’t see approaching motorcyclists or else used the wrong turn signal.
- Install headlight modulators so that you can use your high beams to alert distracted or negligent drivers.
- Learn avoidance maneuvers and remember to practice them in a safe environment.
- Use extreme caution when lane splitting, making sure to look out for large vehicles and aggressive drivers.
Getting Compensation for Your Injuries
Using caution and defensive driving techniques can help you avoid accidents, but it isn’t always enough. If you or your loved one is injured in a crash caused by a negligent driver or faulty motorcycle part, you can seek payments for your losses. Compensation can often be claimed for expenses associated with the accident like medical bills, lost wages, and more. A motorcycle accident attorney with relevant experience will be able to explain what your rights are and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Choosing a Vallejo Motorcycle Accident Attorney – Video by Ed Smith
To learn a bit more about the process of choosing the right motorcycle accident attorney for you, check out the helpful youtube video below.
More by Ed Smith, Vallejo Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Traumatic Vallejo Motorcycle Collision
- How Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
- Motorcyclist Dies in Vallejo Accident
Vallejo Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Vallejo motorcycle accident attorney. If you have been injured during a motorcycle crash, get in touch with me by dialing (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400 so I can provide you with free, friendly case advice. I’m available on my website as well.
To see how I’ve helped past clients, view my Verdicts and Settlements or read my reviews at the below websites:
I’m proud to be part of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a United States group of trial lawyers who have resolved a case which exceeded one million USD in value.
AutoAccident.com, my website, is Northern California’s top source for information and reporting on local car accidents and personal injury.
Source of Avoiding Vallejo Motorcycle Accidents – AutoAccident.com
:ms llo bw [cs 600] cv