Auto Accident Fatality Near Manteca
I’m Ed Smith, a Manteca personal injury lawyer. Officers from the California Highway Patrol responded to the scene of a single-vehicle accident along Airport Way in the vicinity of Division Road in Manteca on Tuesday, April 17, 2018. A driver of a 1998 Acura was traveling northbound along Airport Way at an unknown speed when the vehicle veered off the roadway and onto the gravel shoulder at about 5:35 am. The driver allegedly steered the car sharply to the left in an attempt to correct the error but lost control. The vehicle slid sideways across the road and came to a rest after colliding with a large tree. Paramedics were called out to the scene to transport the driver, a 36-year-old Modesto man, to the San Joaquin County General Hospital. Sadly, he passed away due to his serious injuries. His identity has not yet been released to the public.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones of the man that lost his life in this devastating accident.
Causes of Single Vehicle Accidents
Single vehicle accidents are relatively common and are the leading cause of serious injuries and fatalities each year. While these crashes are often assumed to be a result of motorist error, it is essential to know that this is not always the case. Following are some of the other causes of single vehicle collisions:
- Defective Vehicles or Defective Vehicle Equipment: When a products liability defect in a motor vehicle causes an individual to suffer fatal injuries, the manufacturer can be held liable in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Hit and Run: This type of incident involves a vehicle striking a bicyclist, pedestrian, another car or other structures. The motorist flees the scene of the accident following the collision without identifying themselves to authorities or other parties involved. Hit and runs are often caused by drunk drivers or uninsured motorists.
- Phantom Vehicle: An unknown car involved in an accident that left the area of the collision is known as a phantom vehicle. An accident involving a phantom vehicle is similar to that of a hit and run except these vehicles never come into physical contact with the victim or their car.
- Road Defects: Problems such as potholes, nonfunctioning traffic lights, poor road design, inadequate signage, and excessively narrow driving lanes can lead to a traffic accident. In these cases, the government entity responsible for road maintenance can be held liable for resulting losses. Keep in mind that the statute of limitations for a government entity claim is relatively shorter than that of a personal injury claim with 180 days or 6 months from the date of injury.
Watch YouTube Video – By Edward A Smith – What is a Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim may be filed against a party that was responsible for a negligent or unlawful act resulting in the death of an individual. The losses associated with these claims are translated into financial value based on resulting damages. Such damages may include:
- Burial expenses
- Loss of inheritance and future financial support
- Medical costs
- Support and services that were provided by the deceased
Losing someone you love is devastating, especially when that person lost their life due to the negligence of another person. Contacting an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Manteca can help the family in need. An experienced attorney can explain your legal options, put together a strong case to recover financial compensation for the loss you suffered and bring peace of mind to the family. This will not bring your loved one back, but it will help lessen the financial impact of the loss itself, especially if the person who died was a primary income earner.
Related Content by Edward A Smith Law Offices:
Manteca Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Manteca personal injury lawyer. If you or your loved one has suffered traumatic injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Please contact me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive free, friendly advice about your situation.
Please feel free to browse my extensive list of client reviews on:
I belong to the Million Dollar Advocates as a member of California. This forum is a group of trial lawyers with track record verdicts or settlements awarded to clients exceeding one million dollars or more in value.
For information on how I resolved previous cases, please visit my Verdicts and Settlements page.
Image Credit: By “StockSnap” via Pixabay
:ds [cs 773] cv