Broadside Crash Results in Fatality
A traffic accident fatality occurred in Arden Arcade on June 24, when a construction company truck broadsided a sedan on the passenger side. The accident happened close to University Avenue along Fair Oaks Boulevard around 11:40 in the morning, according to a spokesman for the Sacramento Police Department. It was reported that a female passenger riding in the sedan died at the accident scene, while a number of other individuals suffered minor injuries. Fire personnel pronounced the woman deceased at the scene of the crash. I want to extend my sympathy and prayers to the family and friends of the deceased for the loss of their loved one.
Accidents Involving a Commercial Vehicle
It is important when someone is hurt or killed in an accident with a construction company vehicle to contact a personal injury lawyer right away. An experienced personal injury lawyer knows how to conduct a wrongful death investigation and hold any negligent parties accountable. It is crucial to have legal representation in order to avoid the chances of a commercial vehicle owner or their insurance carrier attempting to minimize, cover up or in other ways escape responsibility for the serious injuries or death they may have caused.
Additional Information About the Crash
The lanes of Fair Oaks Boulevard traveling eastbound were closed for several hours while an investigation determined how the collision occurred. Traffic collision reports can sometimes be inconclusive as to fault.
Accidents Around Intersections
Accidents approaching or in intersections are among the most common types of collisions that cause a traffic accident fatality. This is because it is where multiple lanes intersect, which requires drivers to constantly monitor all directions. In addition to the dangers to other motorists, motorcycle riders, bicyclists and pedestrians are at a higher risk of an accident at or near an intersection.
Most intersection crashes that cause a traffic accident fatality are due to negligence. Any of the following types of behavior can contribute to a T-bone or intersection accident:
- Making an improper lane change can cause a vehicle to lose control and crash into another car or a pedestrian.
- Tailgating can cause a collision that forces another vehicle into the intersection.
- Failure to yield endangers the lives of others and can lead to a traffic accident fatality. Pedestrians and those on bicycles are at the highest risk of dying in a failure to yield accident.
- Running a red light or stop sign can easily result in a T-bone accident. Because the sides of vehicles offer less protection to those inside than the front or rear, a traffic accident fatality is more likely to occur.
- Speeding increases the risk of fatalities in a collision.
- Making an improper turn means that the driver may come into the path of another vehicle, causing an accident.
- Distracted driving is a major cause of accidents. Those who are texting or talking on the phone, chatting with passengers or adjusting the radio may not see an accident that is about to happen.
- Drunk or drugged driving is another major cause of a traffic accident fatality. Those who are intoxicated exhibit poor judgment, have slower reflexes and endanger others on the road.
An individual who is injured or fatally injured through the negligence of another person or entity may place a claim for financial compensation. This can be used to pay expenses related to the accident, including lost wages, medical costs, and others. A lawyer with experience in the type of accident that you had can help and advise you on whether you have a case.
Arden Arcade Auto Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Arden Arcade auto accident and personal injury lawyer. When someone is injured because of another person’s negligence, they may be able to claim financial compensation to pay their bills. Contact me for my free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach me at (800) 404-5400, which is a toll-free number, or contact me online.
The National Association of Distinguished Counsel awards membership to the lawyers who uphold a standard of excellence in the law. Those who have won more than $1 million for a client are eligible to join the Million Dollar Forum. I’m honored to be a member of both of these groups.
If you would like to find out more about my law practice, please visit the following sites:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_11812873_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 692] bw