Accident Kills Pedestrian Near Crosstown Freeway
Accident Kills Pedestrian Near Crosstown Freeway — Recently, a hit and run accident near the Crosstown Freeway in Stockton claimed the life of a man. The incident occurred at approximately 7:51 in the evening in a residential neighborhood along Hazelton Avenue in the vicinity of Stanislaus Street. Emergency personnel responding to the scene found an injured pedestrian lying on the ground. Unfortunately, the pedestrian succumbed to his injuries at the scene. Officials have yet to identify the victim due to the pending notification of family members.
I would like to send my heartfelt thoughts and condolences to those mourning the loss of their loved one during this difficult time.
A pedestrian accident can lead to numerous traumatic pedestrian injuries. The most common types of accidents are those where a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle while walking on the side of the road or failure to yield at a crosswalk. Following are common injuries suffered in these types of accidents:
- Amputation: Loss of a limb such as a finger, toe, leg or arm may occur in a traumatic pedestrian injury.
- Bone Fractures: In adults, bones in the lower extremities are often fractured in a pedestrian accident due to the area of impact with a motor vehicle.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Any type of trauma to the spinal column can be severe, which may cause partial or permanent paralysis in some cases.
- Trauma to Upper Extremities: This type of injury is common in pedestrian accidents. Broken bones, abrasions, scrapes, and cuts often occur as a result.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: These are among the most serious injuries that can be sustained in a pedestrian accident. Some of these may range from a concussion to hemorrhage or trauma caused by splinters of bone penetrating the skull cavity. Any of these may require extended medical treatment or result in wrongful death.
Recovery in Hit and Run Accidents
Hit and run accidents involving pedestrians can be difficult cases to handle, especially if the responsible driver is never found. In these situations, an injured pedestrian may seek recourse through their own automobile insurance policy if they have uninsured motorist protection. This type of coverage typically protects those who have been injured in an accident caused by an uninsured or hit and run driver. For more details, contact an experienced attorney.
Pedestrian Accidents and Wrongful Death
When a pedestrian accident fatality is caused by negligence, surviving family members may be able to file a claim for wrongful death against the responsible parties. These types of claims provide monetary compensation for damages including end-of-life medical care, costs of a funeral and burial, lost future financial support, mental anguish, and loss of affection and companionship. To learn more about wrongful death claims, watch the following YouTube video.
Similar Articles by Ed Smith:
Stockton Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Stockton wrongful death lawyer. Many pedestrian accidents are caused by negligent motorists every year, creating life-changing consequences for those involved. If you have lost a loved one due to a pedestrian accident, please feel free to reach out to me anytime for free and friendly advice at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Browse my client reviews on:
I am a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates. This is a group of top trial lawyers from around the country who have won a settlement or verdict worth $1 million or more for a client.
A list of some of the cases I have handled in the past is available for your review on my Verdicts and Settlements page.
Accident Kills Pedestrian Near Crosstown Freeway: AutoAccident.com
Image Attribution: By “StockSnap” via Pixabay
:ds [cs 633] cv