Accident Injures Four Near Modesto
Accident Injures Four Near Modesto — Recently, a car accident occurred northeast of Modesto that left four parties injured. The accident happened shortly before 6:00 in the evening along Milnes Road and Albers Road. A 58-year-old Ceres woman was driving southbound along Albers Road in her 1999 Ford Expedition. She was approaching the intersection of Milnes Road when she reportedly ran a red light. Her vehicle entered the intersection and broadsided the driver’s side of a 1999 Jeep SUV driven by a 48-year-old Fontana man. Unfortunately, the impact of the collision caused the Jeep to veer out of control and overturn on its roof.
Traffic Collision Response
Four ambulances were requested at the scene of the car accident. The Ford driver complained of pain while the Jeep driver suffered serious internal injuries. Two passengers in the Jeep were also injured in the accident; however, details regarding the extent of their injuries were not immediately available. Both motorists, at least, were transported to a local hospital for treatment. An update regarding their conditions has not yet been released by officials.
Ways to Avoid Intersection Auto Accidents
Any type of car crash may cause serious injury or in some cases, wrongful death. Since many roads cross at the same location, there is always the potential for an intersection accident. Following are some of the different types of car accidents at intersections:
- Avoid distracted driving at all costs. A rear-end collision can occur when a distracted driver does not realize the car in front has stopped.
- Be aware of bicyclists and pedestrians using the intersection and respect their right-of-way.
- Come to a complete stop before turning right at a red light. Since a view of oncoming traffic may be obstructed by other cars, it is essential for a motorist to proceed with caution to avoid a collision with other drivers, walkers, and cyclists.
- Do not switch lanes in an intersection. This can cause a sideswipe collision when another driver is also changing lanes at the same time.
- Drive defensively when preparing to proceed through an intersection. This can make the difference for preventing a crash.
- Traffic lights can sometimes malfunction. When this happens, drivers are responsible for treating the intersection as a four-way stop.
- Watch cross traffic to ensure the vehicles are at a complete stop before entering an intersection.
Broadside accidents occur when the front-end of one vehicle strikes the side of another car. This type of accident tends to happen at an intersection when a driver runs a traffic light or stop sign. Sometimes, these accidents may also be caused by a driver turning left in front of an oncoming vehicle. Motorists are responsible for clearing an intersection and yielding to approaching traffic to ensure the safety of themselves and others. When a driver fails to do so, they may be held liable for resultant damages. Since determining fault in a broadside collision is often difficult, a thorough investigation is often necessary to determine which party had the right-of-way. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney in Modesto for more details.
Modesto Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto car accident lawyer. Motor vehicle accidents can happen with no warning and leave those involved with serious injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident caused by a negligent driver, I am here to provide you with free, friendly legal advice on your situation. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Some of my client ratings and reviews are available for your convenience on:
I belong to the Million Dollar Advocates as a member of the California chapter. We are a national group of trial attorneys that have achieved $1 million or more in trial verdicts or settlements for a client.
You can find a list of our past cases and their results on our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Accident Injures Four Near Modesto: AutoAccident.com
Image: ab / Accident Injures Four Near Modesto
:ds [cs 687] cv