Rancho Murieta Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Rancho Murieta Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer – Rancho Murieta is a beautiful, tranquil town. However, residents may require a Rancho Murieta motor vehicle accident lawyer when traveling on State Highway 16 because of the high number of collisions. As residents may recall, their request to have the speed limit lowered to 45 near town was denied by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Reducing the speed limit would have made it safer and easier for residents to enter and exit the road.
Driver Error and Car Accidents
Most motor vehicle accidents are caused by driver error. When this happens, those who are injured or who lose loved ones in a crash can claim compensation through the help of a Rancho Murieta motor vehicle accident lawyer. Reasons accidents happen due to negligence include the following:
- Drunk driving: Drunk drivers cause more than 10,000 fatalities each year and are responsible for a high number of serious injuries.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit and being involved in a collision means that the force of impact is higher, resulting in worse injuries or fatalities. The higher the speed a vehicle travels means that the driver is more likely to lose control and is unable to stop or slow as quickly.
- Distracted driving: It is dangerous to drive when accessing GPS, texting or talking on a cell phone or other behaviors. In 2016, 3,450 lives were lost due to distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Aggressive driving: Aggressive driving is a serious traffic offense and includes tailgating, running a red light, making unsafe lane changes and cutting in and out of traffic. Actions that are deemed as presenting a danger to others are considered aggressive driving.
- Driver fatigue: Shift workers, those who don’t get enough rest the night before and those who are on certain medications are most likely to drive while too fatigued. This can result in a decrease in cognitive function or falling asleep at the wheel. When this can be shown as a cause for an accident, a Rancho Murieta motor vehicle accident lawyer can help.
Injuries Suffered in a Car Accident
While some injuries may be minor in a collision, there are times when a Rancho Murieta motor vehicle accident lawyer can help. This is by recovering fair compensation to pay outstanding medical bills, for the pain and suffering endured because of the collision and for time lost from work. Some common accident injuries are as follows:
- Broken bones: While all broken bones require medical attention, some may involve seriously impacted fractures such as the femur, ribs or pelvis that require surgery and a more extensive recuperation.
- Traumatic brain injury: A TBI can include a concussion, which heals in time, or a much more serious condition such as hemorrhage and lead to complications such as memory loss, paralysis, and permanent damage. In a situation that may require long-term or lifetime care of the individuals, a Rancho Murieta traumatic brain Injurie lawyer can help by obtaining compensation for their care, which reduces the financial worry for the family.
- Spinal cord trauma: Damage and repercussions from a spinal cord injury depend on where it occurs. Partial or complete paralysis is possible, which necessitates care of the individual and is a life-changing event.
- Burn injuries: Although burns are less common in motor vehicle accidents, they can require long hospitalization, multiple surgeries and result in permanent disfigurement.
Rancho Murieta Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Rancho Murieta car accident lawyer. Being injured in a motor vehicle accident is a frightening experience that is compounded when it happened because of someone else’s negligence. If you, or a family member, were injured and face mounting medical bills and other expenses, I would like to offer you free and friendly advice as an experienced Rancho Murieta motor vehicle accident lawyer. Please give me a call at (916) 921-6400 if you are in the area of Rancho Murieta. If you are calling from elsewhere in Northern California, I have a toll-free number at (800) 404-5400. I also have a contact form on my website, AutoAccident.com, that is available for your use.
For over 36 years, I’ve represented injury claims for numerous residents of Rancho Murieta and other Northern Californians in areas such as brain injuries, all types of car accidents and wrongful death.
Knowing about a law firm before calling is a good idea. You are welcome to look over reviews by our previous clients and some of our cases at the following links:
I belong to the Million Dollar Forum as a California member. This group is composed of trial lawyers around the country who have won more than $1 million in a case settlement or verdict for a client.
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/traffic-transport-jam-highway-auto-2251530/
:cd cha [cs 823] cv