Merced County Accident Causes Road Closure
I’m Ed Smith, a Merced auto accident lawyer. A single-vehicle accident prompted the closure of a Merced County road to allow an emergency helicopter to land at the scene on August 1, 2018. At approximately 6:50 in the evening, a Cadillac Escalade was traveling along Oakdale Road in the vicinity of Shaffer Road when the vehicle left the roadway for an unknown reason and crashed. Emergency crews were dispatched to the scene to render aid to at least one party injured in the accident. The extent of the injuries sustained in the crash has not yet been released by authorities.
Common Causes of Single-Vehicle Accidents
Single-vehicle auto accidents can occur for a wide variety of reasons. These may include:
- Distracted Driving: Any activity that diverts the attention of a driver from the task of operating a motor vehicle safely is known as distracted driving. Even taking your eyes off the road for a short period to answer a text message, play with the radio, or apply makeup can result in a single-vehicle accident;
- Drunk Driving: The side effects of alcohol consumption often present themselves through forms of drowsiness. When this happens, a drunk driver can fall asleep at the wheel, lose control of their vehicle and cause an accident with another structure;
- Drowsy Driving: Sleep deprivation is attributable to many single-vehicle accidents. This frequently occurs along rural roads and highways where a driver dozes off, veers off the road at high speeds and crashes;
- Inclement Weather Conditions: Navigating along slick roads can be extremely difficult, especially at higher speeds. Drivers are expected to exercise due care, including reducing their speed when driving during poor weather conditions;
- Mechanical Issues: Defective tires, brakes, and other equipment can cause an accident. In these types of cases, an automobile part manufacturer can be held liable for a collision and subsequent losses;
- Road Defects: Single vehicle accidents are commonly caused by defects such as potholes, inadequate signage, poorly designed roads and more. Government entities are responsible for maintaining the roads and can be held financially responsible for a resulting crash;
- Speeding: This can lead to a loss of control over your vehicle in any situation. Even if traffic conditions cause a disruption on the road, it is crucial for drivers to travel at slower speeds to lower their risk of an accident.
Passenger Injury Claims in Single Vehicle Accidents
As a passenger of a motor vehicle, you depend on your driver to safely transport you to your destination. When a driver fails to do so and causes a single-vehicle accident, a passenger may have the grounds to bring a personal injury claim against that party in the event of a single-vehicle accident. These types of claims compensate passengers for damages such as medical expenses, time lost from work, and other related costs. If this has happened to you or your loved one, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney in Merced to protect your right to fair compensation.
Auto Accident Lawyer in Merced
I’m Ed Smith, a Merced auto accident lawyer. Motor vehicle accidents caused by the negligent actions of another can result in serious injuries or wrongful death in some extreme cases. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident due to the fault of someone else, I am here to provide you with free, friendly advice on your situation. Please feel free to call me any time at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Go to the following links to see what others have had to say about my practice:
The Million Dollar Advocates is a forum which allows membership for trial attorneys with settlements or verdicts of $1 million and over. I am proudly listed as a California member of this forum.
A list of my earlier cases and their results are available on my Verdicts and Settlements page.
Source of: Merced County Accident Causes Road Closure – AutoAccident.com
:ds [cs 672] cv