Dump Truck Hits Pickup, Trapping Driver
Dump Truck Hits Pickup, Trapping Driver. A morning collision on August 10, 2018, between a pickup truck and a dump truck at an intersection along Florin Road resulted in an injury when the vehicles collided in South Sacramento. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the driver of the pickup was trapped inside the vehicle, and the Sacramento Fire Department had to be called in to free the injured driver. The accident will be investigated by the CHP to determine fault.
The collision happened shortly before 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of Florin Road and Florin Perkins Road between a Toyota Tacoma and dump truck hauling dirt. The male driver of the Toyota pickup had his legs trapped inside the vehicle. Although multiple good Samaritans attempted to pry the door of the pickup open to help get the man out of his truck, Sacramento fire personnel were required to extract the injured individual. The pickup truck driver was reported as suffering a major injury and was transported to a hospital for further evaluation and medical treatment. Florin Road was closed to traffic while the accident was cleared, and a tow truck was needed to remove the injured man’s Toyota.
Big Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, big trucks cause thousands of deaths and more than 80,000 accidents resulting in injuries. Collisions involving smaller trucks, including dump trucks, cause more than 1,000 deaths and 35,000 injuries. When most people think of big trucks, it brings to mind tractor-trailers. However, a dump truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and may be carrying a load up to 280,000 pounds. Because of a dump truck’s height and weight, any collision with a passenger vehicle can cause devastating injuries and even underride accidents, which have a high rate of fatalities.
Recovering Damages in an Accident With a Truck
Dump trucks are large, lumbering vehicles with poor maneuverability, as well as limited vision for the driver. When the driver is negligent or the truck is poorly maintained, accidents can happen, causing serious injuries that lead to high medical bills and the inability to go to work and draw a paycheck. However, an experienced personal injury lawyer can help an injured person recover the following costs:
- Medical costs can be recovered and include ambulance, physician and specialist expenses, prescription medications, hospitalization, rehabilitation and more.
- If future medical treatment is required, those expenses are also covered.
- Lost wages, including bonuses, are recoverable, including future earnings if the individual’s injury causes a disability.
- Loss of affection, society, and companionship are recoverable. Your attorney can give you more information on what this entails.
- Loss of consortium is the lack of a personal relationship in a marriage or partnership caused by an injury.
- Pain and suffering include not only physical pain but emotional and psychological problems caused as a direct result of an accident. While some people might have mild problems such as anxiety or sleepless nights, others may have severe reactions that are identified as post-traumatic stress disorder.
Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento truck accident lawyer. When a motor vehicle is in a collision with a big truck, it can leave behind devastating injuries and resultant expenses. If this happened to you or a loved one, please call me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. I am here to offer you free and friendly advice about your situation. I can also be reached by means of my contact form on AutoAccident.com.
I am a milliondollaradvocates.com member. This forum represents some of the top trial attorneys from around the country who have won in excess of $1 million for a client.
Learning about a law firm is helpful when seeking representation for your accident injury or the loss of your loved one because of negligence. You can find out about some of our previous cases and what clients have had to say about us at:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/dump-truck-machine-heavy-vehicle-3080177/
:cd llo [cs 716] cv