Car Accident Fatally Injures Ceres Man
Car Accident Fatally Injures Ceres Man — A motor vehicle collision in Stanislaus County claimed the life of a Ceres man and caused serious injuries to an elderly Modesto woman on October 13, 2018. The accident occurred shortly before 5:30 in the afternoon at the intersection of Service Road and Ustick Road in Ceres. The man was driving his 2003 Honda Civic southbound along Ustick Road when he approached a stop sign at the intersection. The man entered the intersection and was broadsided by a westbound 2005 Kia Sportage driven by an elderly woman. The impact of the collision caused damage to the front-end of the Kia and driver’s side of the Honda. Both vehicles came to a rest along the shoulder of Service Road, just west of Ustick Road. The Kia driver suffered major injuries and was taken to an area hospital for treatment. Sadly, the Honda driver was pronounced deceased at the scene. The Stanislaus County Coroner’s Office has identified the victim as 29-year-old Rigoberto Alvarez of Ceres.
My sympathy is extended to the friends and family of Mr. Alvarez during this difficult time.
A broadside accident, also known as a “T-bone collision,” is among the most common type of car crashes today. A majority of these collisions happen at intersections but can occur anywhere on the road. Some of the common reasons for these crashes include:
- Aggressive driving such as weaving in and out of traffic or following another driver too closely can end up causing a broadside accident with another car.
- Drunk driving is attributable to broadside accidents as intoxicated motorists often disregard the rules of the road.
- Left turns, whether a driver is attempting to beat another vehicle or turns illegally, can contribute to a T-bone accident.
- Losing control of a car can occur at any time. A common reason a driver loses control is due to vehicle overcorrection.
- Running a traffic light or stop sign is a significant cause of collisions. When a driver does so, it can result in a broadside collision with another motorist that is legally proceeding through an intersection.
- Speeding endangers the lives of others on the road. A speeding driver that is involved in a crash can cause a chain reaction accident with other drivers.
How a Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help
The loss of a loved one in a car accident can leave families with unbearable feelings of anguish, confusion, and uncertainty. An unexpected death can create financial burdens for surviving family members, which adds another weight to a mind heavy with grief. When this happens, a family may be able to bring a wrongful death claim against the party responsible for their loved one’s death. These types of claims compensate families for unexpected expenses resulting from a wrongful death car accident including costs of a funeral and burial, end-of-life medical care, loss of future financial support, and more. While no amount of money will ever bring a loved one back, monetary compensation can help alleviate the financial stress and strain a sudden loss causes.
Modesto Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto car accident lawyer. Traffic collisions often result in traumatic injuries and sometimes the loss of someone you love. If you or a family member has been injured or killed in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, I am available to offer you free, friendly legal advice on your situation. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
You are welcome to look over reviews by my former clients on the following links:
As a Million Dollar Advocates member of California, I joined a national forum of top trial lawyers who have won a trial verdict or settlement worth in excess of $1 million for a client.
On my Verdicts and Settlements page, you will find a list of some past cases that my firm has handled and their conclusions.
Car Accident Fatally Injures Ceres Man: AutoAccident.com
Photograph Attribution: By “Counselling” via Pixabay / Car Accident Fatally Injures Ceres Man
:ds [cs 704] cha cv