Two Car Accident Closes Down Antioch Bridge. An afternoon accident on Highway 160 near Antioch occurred on Monday, October 1, 2018. Fortunately, the two-vehicle crash left both drivers with minimal-to-no injuries, and no one required hospitalization. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) arrived at the scene of the accident and closed down the Antioch Bridge. The bridge closure was lifted after an hour. Meanwhile, heavy traffic flows resulted for about an hour and a half following the accident.
According to Brandon Correia, a CHP spokesman officer, the crash took place in the southbound lanes of Highway 160. One SUV and one box truck were involved. One of the drivers did admit to feeling some pain following the wreck, but neither motorists sought medical attention nor did they walk away with any major injuries. A CHP helicopter was initially requested at the scene but was later determined to be unnecessary. The origin of the accident has not been publicly disclosed, and it is not known if drugs or alcohol were a contributing factor.
The CHP decided to close Highway 160 at the toll booth heading towards Rio Vista, in addition to the northbound base of the bridge. The bridge closure went on for over an hour. The CHP released a Sig Alert for heavy traffic at roughly 11:30 a.m. The alert was lifted just before 1:00 p.m. Traffic going over the bridge was anticipated to remain slow in both directions following the alert’s lift.
Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
Innumerable car accidents take place every day, but it is still easy to feel like it will never happen to you. Below are some traffic accident facts distributed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- In 2016, 37,461 traffic accident fatalities were reported. The 2016 data shows a 5.6 percent increase from 2015 when 35,485 people were killed in traffic accidents.
- Drowsy and distracted driving deaths decreased in 2016.
- Speeding, not wearing a seat belt, and alcohol-related fatalities continued to increase in 2016.
- The number of car accident fatalities in California rose from 3,387 in 2015 to 3,623 in 2016.
- Drivers in the age group of 16 to 20 years old had the highest involvement rate (36.76 percent) in motor vehicle accidents during 2016. The second largest age group involvement was those between the ages of 21 to 24, with a percentage rate of 36.19.
Antioch Auto Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, an Antioch Auto Accident Lawyer. If a family member has been severely injured or killed in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by a negligent driver, I would be happy to offer you my free, professional, friendly advice. You can call me right now at either (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400.
The quest to find the perfect injury lawyer to represent your case can be exhausting and time-consuming. If you would like to speed up the process, reviewing former client ratings and case history can tell you a great deal about a firm. Review all this information for my firm below:
Because I have a history of winning settlements and verdicts worth $1,000,000 and higher for a client, I have been accepted as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Two Car Accident Closes Down Antioch Bridge: AutoAccident.com
:jf cha [cs 611] cv