Three-Car Accident in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer in Sacramento. One person was injured in a three-car accident on April 27, 2018, in South Sacramento. The California Highway Patrol said the crash occurred during rush hour traffic near Southgate Industrial Park. The collision involving a Toyota Highlander, a Toyota Prius and a Kia, happened at about 5:11 p.m. at the intersection of Franklin Boulevard and 51st Avenue. The Prius sustained significant damage in the crash and was reported as blocking the road. No information was released on which vehicle was at fault in causing the accident.
Multiple-car crashes generally occur because of negligence by one driver when that vehicle strikes another. This action pushes one or both other cars into others. Driver error is the most common cause of these types of accidents. Below are some statistics on why accident injuries happen:
- Distracted driving was reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as being responsible for 3,450 traffic fatalities in 2016, an 8% increase over 2014. Reasons for distracted driving include talking on the phone, texting, reaching for a drink or something to eat and changing a radio station.
- Not wearing seatbelts when in a vehicle increases the risk of injuries or death when in a collision. In 2016, the use of seat belts is estimated to have saved over 14,000 lives of those who were in accidents. However, nearly 27.5 million people around the nation still don’t use them, particularly those riding in the backseat.
- Drunk driving kills nearly 29 people each day, according to the NHTSA. Alcohol significantly increases the risk of a crash because it impairs thinking and response time. It also affects muscular coordination.
- Speeding contributed to more than 10,000 traffic deaths in 2016. When people speed, they have a higher risk of losing control of the vehicle. Speeding takes a longer distance to stop and reduces the effectiveness of air bags and seat belts in a collision.
- Drowsy driving is a more common problem than most people might think. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that drowsy driving caused 800 deaths, 44,000 injuries and 72,000 collisions in 2013.
- Drugged driving includes illegal drugs, prescription drugs, and over-the-counter medications. In some cases, drugs were combined with alcohol. A survey conducted in 2014 showed that about 20% of people were under the influence of drugs while driving.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer in Sacramento. No matter how safely you drive, there is always a risk of an accident caused by a negligent driver. When that happens, you can obtain financial compensation to pay medical bills and other expenses. If you or a family member has been in a car accident, I’m here to provide you with friendly, free advice. Call me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 today to find out how I can help.
Learn about some of our previous cases and results by visiting verdicts and settlements.
Seeing what previous clients have to say about their experience with a law firm is an excellent way to help you decide who to call when you need help. You can find my reviews at:
I’m listed as a member of the Million Dollar Forum, a group reserved for lawyers who have obtained client settlements or trial verdicts of a minimum of one million dollars for their clients.
Photo by: pixabay.com
:cd cha [cs 589] cv