Nerve Damage in a Degloving Injury
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento Degloving Injury Lawyer. When riding a motorcycle, there are several serious injuries that people should be concerned about. Most motorcycle riders are aware of the dangers of bone fractures, road rash, and head injuries. One of the often overlooked issues is called a degloving injury. A degloving injury occurs when an extensive amount of skin is torn from the body. This is termed an avulsion injury. This can lead to many complications both acutely and down the road. Among the various difficulties is damage to the blood supply of that region of the body along with the loss of soft tissue. Furthermore, one of the most common complications is nerve damage. Nerve damage has the potential to severely damage someone’s quality of life.
How Does Nerve Damage in a Degloving Injury Happen?
What is the Treatment of Nerve Damage?
- Save as many of the internal structures as can be preserved
- Cover the surface of the skin as early as possible
- Ensure that this skin cover is thick enough to prevent infection
- Make sure future surgeons have room to perform secondary procedures
- Restore function as quickly as possible
Help from a Personal Injury Lawyer
- How will I afford my medical care?
- Will my health insurance company cover the costs related to my surgery?
- What about the cost of my physical and occupational therapy appointments?
- How did this accident even happen in the first place? Could it have been avoided?
- Will I lose my job as a result of my injury?
Related Articles by Sacramento Personal Injury Attorney
Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento Degloving Injury Lawyer. Individuals and families who have sustained nerve damage in a degloving injury can call me at (916) 921-6400. I would be happy to provide friendly, free advice. Those with questions and concerns can also contact me on my toll-free line: (800) 404-5400.
I am proud to be included in the forum of the Million Dollar Advocates. Injury lawyers appearing in this group have obtained verdicts in excess of 1 Million USD for clients.
All of my visitors are free to look through my verdicts or settlements here.
Image Attribution: The photo at the start of this page can be found in its original form on Unsplash. The image has been shown here with permission
:dr [cs 795] cv