Get to Know Your Neighbors During National Night Out in Madera
I’m Ed Smith, a Madera car accident lawyer. The 2017 National Night Out celebration is scheduled for August 1 and August 3, which is fun for the entire family and promotes togetherness as a community. It is my hope that everyone will have a good time and stay safe when driving.
August 1 is the date set aside for neighbors and their neighborhoods. Neighborhoods register to hold their own personally designed events from potlucks or barbecues to block-wide parties. This gives everyone a chance to get to know their neighbors, make friends and have some fun at the same time. Representatives of the city and members of law enforcement also use these events as a time to make an appearance to get acquainted with local residents when time permits.
The police department of Madera is sponsoring a great town-wide block party on August 3 at the Fairgrounds on Cleveland Avenue. This event is scheduled to run from 5:00 in the afternoon until 6:30; everyone is welcome. Admission is free, along with parking and a free community barbecue. There will be a dunk tank, games organized by the Department of Parks and Community Services and a California Highway Patrol H-40 helicopter will be landing. Members of the local Police Department, CHP, Madera County Probation, Madera County Sheriff’s Department, first responders and other agencies will be present to have motor demonstrations, K-9 demonstrations, and other events as well as giveaways.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
No one wants to be involved in a motor vehicle accident, but it happens to many people. Resulting injuries can be physically and financially devastating. Mounting medical bills, lost time from work, or the income if you are self-employed, and other expenses can drain the family’s finances just at the time when they need help the most. It may surprise you to know that the Insurance Research Council calculates that compensation for an injury that is recovered for an accident victim is 3.5 times higher when using legal representation.
What Damages Can Be Recovered From a Personal Injury?
- Any medical bills caused by an accident such as hospital and physician bills, medical tests, ambulance fees and more are included, along with out of pocket expenses. If an injury is ongoing and expected to continue in the future, future medical bills can be included.
- The money you would have earned had you been at work is calculated into the damages. This includes bonuses or commissions. People who are self-employed can also claim lost wages. Lost earning capacity may be claimed if a victim is unable to go back to work or their ability to earn a living has been compromised by an injury.
- Loss of household services refers to help needed around the home while a victim is recuperating.
- The loss of benefits of a marriage also called the loss of consortium, and companionship, affection and other benefits of marriage can be financially compensated.
- Pain and suffering refer to physical pain that is suffered at the current time and in the future.
- Some accident victims suffer emotional and mental pain because of an accident in addition to physical pain. They may have symptoms such as depression, anxiety, and sleeplessness. Others may experience severe symptoms such as post-traumatic stress.
Madera Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Madera car accident lawyer. If you or your loved one has experienced an accident injury, phone me at (559) 377-7676. I can offer you free and friendly advice about your situation. The following number is my toll-free line at (800) 404-5400.
Knowing what previous clients have had to say about a legal practice can be useful when looking for an attorney to represent you. Find mine at Yelp, Avvo, and Google Plus. Verdicts and Settlements is a page that shows some previous cases and their positive results.
I have practiced as an injury lawyer in California for 35 years helping obtain fair compensation for those injured by negligence. In that time, I have helped many people in California and Madera with their motor vehicle accident injuries, traumatic injuries, wrongful deaths and other types of personal injuries.
I am a member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Photo Attribution: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Block_party_(Manhattan,_October_4_2008).jpg courtesy of WTMuploader
:cd ab [CS 736] cv