Woman Dies at Thousand Oaks Hospital After Fatal Crash
I’m Ed Smith, a Thousand Oaks personal injury lawyer. A traffic collision in Moorpark on May 12 resulted in the death of the driver and hospitalization of a passenger in the car. According to police, drugs or alcohol do not appear to have contributed to the accident. The road where the accident happened remained closed in both directions for over three hours while an investigation was conducted into the cause.
The sheriff’s office in Ventura County reported that the crash occurred around 9:00 p.m. when a female driver, driving on eastbound Tierra Rejada just past the turn onto Walnut Creek Road, exited the roadway and struck a tree along the median. Both people in the vehicle, a woman, 78, and man, 80, both from Simi Valley, were injured seriously in the crash and were transported in an ambulance to Thousand Oaks to a medical center for treatment.
Result of the Crash
The woman driver passed away at the medical center, while the man required surgery at the hospital to address his injuries. The woman’s identity was released on May 13 by the medical examiner in Ventura County. When the crash occurred, both occupants of the vehicle were belted in with their seat belts.
Most Common Reasons for Motor Vehicle Accidents
There are always reasons for a motor vehicle accident. According to statistics recorded by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, drivers themselves are responsible for 94 percent of all accidents. Vehicles, environmental factors and unknown causes were attributed to the remaining 6 percent. Driver-related factors were recognition errors at 41 percent, which included inattention, distractions and not focusing on the road. Decision errors accounted for 33 percent. These could include speeding, taking a curve too fast and other types of reckless driving, making an erroneous assumption about the actions of another driver and misjudging the distance between vehicles.
Injuries Suffered in Motor Vehicle Accidents
Even while wearing a seat belt, accidents can result in devastating injuries. While some might suffer bone fractures or have chronic pain as the result of a crash, other injuries may be more serious. Accidents involving traumatic brain injuries and cardiac trauma may require long-term care. Many times home nursing and modifications to a home is required to accommodate the injured person or the employment of someone to do household chores. Rather than face it alone, a person who has been injured through another’s negligence can recover the costs with the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Thousand Oaks Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Thousand Oaks personal injury lawyer. If you, or a family member has suffered an injury due to negligence, call (805) 372-0200 or (800) 404-5400. My advice is free and friendly to help you through these troubling times.
Checking client reviews before contacting an attorney is the smart thing to do. Find mine at Avvo, Google Plus and Yelp. In addition, Past Verdicts and Settlements on my website can give you an idea of how I have helped previous clients.
I am the founder and owner of autoaccident.com, which contains valuable information about motor vehicle accidents and the rights of the injured.
Million Dollar Forum allows membership for attorneys who have obtained million dollar verdicts or settlements for their clients. I am proud to belong to this group.
Photo Attribution: crash-1308575_1920.jpg