Tips to Avoid Auto Accidents
I’m Ed Smith, a Corning car accident lawyer. Auto accidents can be harmful to everyone involved. They can cause physical damage to vehicles and the vehicles occupants, financial hardships, emotional trauma, and great inconvenience. Below I will go over some safety measures you can take behind the wheel to avoid accidents and be a responsible driver.
Before You Take Off
- Properly sit in your vehicle. If you sit like you’re sitting in an office chair at work you will stay concentrated on your driving and more alert of your surroundings. Avoid slouching and getting too comfortable; it slows your reaction time.
- Check your vehicles mirrors positions every time you get into your vehicle. Making sure your mirrors are in the proper position makes it easier to check your surroundings before turning or changing lanes.
- Put your seatbelt on and make sure everyone in your vehicle is properly restrained before taking off. A seatbelt can reduce the severity of injuries in an accident if worn properly.
While on the Road
- Always stay focused on driving and your surroundings. Always be on the lookout for the potential of dangerous situations. Avoid things that lead to distracted driving such as texting, applying makeup, and talking on the phone
- Be courteous of other motorists on the road. Being too aggressive behind the wheel can put you in danger and in some situations cause you to loose control of your vehicle and cause an accident. Avoid drivers who are showing signs of road rage.
- Follow the rules of the road; the rules are in place for a reason. By following the rules and paying attention to the road signs you can greatly reduce your chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- While driving at night or in the rain, it is important to have your headlights on. This increases your visibility, but also makes you more noticeable to passing motorists.
Corning Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Corning car accident lawyer. If you, or a member of your family has suffered injuries or lost their life in an accident due to the negligent actions of another motorist, call me today at (530) 392-9400 or you can reach me toll-free at (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly, and fast advice.
I am a California member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Members of this forum have obtained settlements and verdicts that exceeded one million dollars.
Check out Past Verdicts and Settlements page to see some of the results from a handful of my previous cases.
Founder of www.autoaccident.com, Northern California’s top trending website for personal injury and auto accident information.
Image Attribution: Wikimedia Commons