Audi Fire Hazard Risk Recall
I’m Ed Smith, a Davis car accident attorney. The luxury Volkswagen automaker, Audi, is known for its sleek design and German engineering. Many though, are unaware that the trending 2.0L TFSI turbocharged Inline 4-cylinder engines produced for certain Audi models are under a recall for an alleged fire hazard risk.
Information Pertaining to the Recall
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced a recall due to reports they received from Audi. These reports indicated that a blockage near the coolant pump in certain Audi models leads to the susceptibility of localized overheating and smoldering in the engine compartment. Due to the debris locking in the cooling system, the coolant pump can overheat and cause the engine in the vehicle to catch fire. This can increase the chances of someone suffering serious burn injuries.
Audi Recall List
The following year and model Audis, which account for 342,867 cars purchased in the United States, are included in the fire hazard risk recall:
- 2013 to 2016 Audi A4 (Manufactured February 20, 2012 to December 8, 2015)
- 2013 to 2016 Audi A4 Allroad Wagons (Manufactured March 12, 2012 to April 1, 2016)
- 2013 to 2017 Audi A5 Cabriolet (Manufactured March 9, 2012 to December 16, 2016)
- 2013 to 2017 Audi A5 Coupe (Manufactured March 8, 2012 to November 19, 2016)
- 2012 to 2015 Audi A6 Sedan (Manufactured April 4, 2011 to December 22, 2014)
- 2013 to 2017 Audi Q5 SUV (Manufactured July 4, 2013 to December 20, 2016)
How Will These Vehicles Be Fixed?
These certain year and model vehicles will be fixed by Audi through an update in the computer software. The update will shut off the coolant pump’s power supply if overheating becomes detected. Owners of these vehicles will receive notifications on their instrument panel through an indicator light.
Similar Content by Edward Smith:
Davis Car Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Davis car accident attorney. If you have suffered injuries from an automobile accident, give me a call today at (530) 392-9400 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 for fast, free and friendly advice.
Meet my friendly staff.
I am a member listed in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Be sure to check out my Past Verdicts and Settlements page.
Image Source: By The Car Spy via Wikimedia Commons