Adult Halloween Safety Tips
Adult Halloween Safety Tips
I’m Ed Smith, a South Lake Tahoe Auto Accident Attorney. Halloween is coming up and kids along with adults will be celebrating this weekend! It’s easy to get caught up in the fun of the evening, but it’s important to stay safe and plan ahead for your evening. Below I have compiled a list of tips for adults this Halloween.
Tips for Party Goers
- Walking around drunk can be just as dangerous as driving under the influence. Have a sober friend walk you home.
- If you see a suspected drunk driver on the road, call 911 immediately.
- Arrange ahead of time to have a designated driver.
- Call a sober friend or family member, a taxi service, Uber or Lyft car, or utilize public transportation.
- If you witness someone about to get behind the wheel of a vehicle after they have been consuming alcohol, take their keys and help them arrange an alternative ride to their destination.
- Have numbers for local cab companies programed into your phone before you go out, or install local ride sharing apps and create an account before you start consuming alcohol.
- Always keep an eye on your drink. Never leave it unattended. If at all possible, make your own drinks.
- Make sure you eat a hearty meal before going out for the night, and consume water throughout the night.
- Have a buddy with you at all times. Don’t run off on your own.
- Let a family member know where you will be throughout the evening. Check in with them when you leave and arrive at a new location and when you arrive safely at your destination at the end of the night.
- Slow down around neighborhoods and busy streets, even reducing your speed by 5 miles per hour can give you more time to respond to a person darting out into the street.
- Look for adults and children crossing the street, they may not be focused on their safety at the time, you could make a difference.
- Have your vehicles headlights on, even before nightfall. It increases the visibility of your vehicle.
South Lake Tahoe Auto Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a South Lake Tahoe Auto Accident Attorney. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car crash, give me a call at (530) 392-9400 or toll free at (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice.
Meet the staff of The Law Offices of Edward A. Smith here.
Proud California member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Members of this forum have won multiple million dollar settlements and verdicts.
View our past Verdicts and Settlements page here.
Founder of www.autoaccident.com, California’s top informative website on personal injury, wrongful death and auto accidents.
Image Source for Adult Halloween Safety Tips – Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons – Images in the public domain