“The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day.”
― Cat in the Hat, by Dr. Seuss
Unfortunately, many of us cannot stay indoors in inclement weather.
The following has been prepared to help Folsom residents navigate the wet roadways!
Folsom Wet Weather Driving Tips
How to prepare your car for the rainy season:
- Check your windshield wipers (replace if in poor condition)
- Check the tread on your tires and be sure tires are properly inflated.
- Be sure your car has working head and brake lights.
- Be sure your brakes and defroster are in good working condition.
Driving Safely in Rainy Road Conditions:
Practicing these simple Folsom wet weather driving tips should help to keep you and your loved ones safe:
- First things first: Buckle up.
- Do not use cruise control during the winter months.
- Put the phone down — it can wait.
- Reduce speed and allow lots of extra space between you and other motorists.
- Allow yourself plenty of extra time to reach your destination.
- Drive with your headlights on during rainy weather because it improves your visibility.
- Tap on your brakes gently to avoid hydroplaning and/or skidding.
- Be alert of spray coming off passing trucks and oncoming vehicles.
- Defog your rear and front windshield regularly.
- Do not drive through standing water.
- When road conditions become too intense to proceed, pull off the roadway to a safe place and wait the storm out.
Folsom Wet Weather Driving Tips has been brought to you courtesy of the Law Offices of Edward A. Smith.
Have you or someone you love been seriously injured in a car accident due to the negligence of someone else?
If so, call me right away at (916) 921-6400 for free, friendly advice at no obligation to you.
When calling from outside the greater Sacramento region, you may dial us toll free (800) 404-5400.
We are members of Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
For a listing of our Verdicts and Settlements, click here.
Be sure to review our acclaimed accident information website at: www.autoaccident.com.
Photo Attribution: “Rainy Accident in Downtown Pleasant Hill” by Jon ‘ShakataGaNai’ Davis. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rainy_Accident_in_Downtown_Pleasant_Hill.JPG#/media/File:Rainy_Accident_in_Downtown_Pleasant_Hill.JPG