Elk Grove School Bus Crash Injures One Child
- A recreational vehicle (RV) crashed into a Elk Grove Unified School District bus carrying four children.
- The crash occurred on Wednesday, October 14, 2015.
- Accident occurred at the southbound Highway 99 off ramp and Consumnes River Boulevard.
- All four students and the bus driver were transported to the hospital as a matter of safety.
- Only one student reported minor injuries.
- The driver of the RV was not hurt in the accident.
- The incident happened at about 2:20 p.m.
- The school bus sustained major damages.
A school district spokesperson indicated the driver of the bus was attempting to turn left onto Consumnes River Boulevard when the RV, traveling westbound, proceeded into the intersection and crashed into the bus.
The California Highway Patrol (CHP), emergency personnel and Elk Grove Unified School District officials responded promptly to the scene. Parents of the children were notified immediately.
I’m Ed Smith, a Elk Grove Auto Accident Attorney and Personal Injury Lawyer. I have been handling personal injury cases involving school buses that occur in Elk Grove and throughout Northern California for over 30 years.
If you or a loved one has sustained a personal injury while riding a bus due to the negligence of someone else, please call to discuss your case. I provide free, friendly advice at no obligation to you.
You can reach me at my Elk Grove office: 916-694-0002. If you are calling from outside the Sacramento region, you may phone me toll free at (800) 404-5400.
I have created the most informative accident and personal injury website available – www.autoaccident.com.
I am a proud member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
To view a list of our settlements and verdicts, click here.
By Liji Jinaraj (Flickr: School Bus) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons