Hi, I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury attorney and I love what I do. Personal Injury attorneys have the best job in the world for many many reasons. Please note though that when I say personal injury lawyers, I mean lawyers who represent people who have real injuries. Attorney’s who represent insurance companies are not really by any sense of the word personal injury lawyers. They are insurance lawyers, and they have one of the worst jobs in the world.
1. Injury Lawyers always meet new people who start as clients and often become friends.
2. Injury lawyers are always learning more about law.
3. They get to explore medicine and anatomy in depth.
4. Personal Injury attorney’s get to meet people at a difficult time in their lives, and to help them transform what looks like a setback into something that may be positive.
5. Personal Injury Lawyers are always told the funniest lawyer jokes before anyone else.
6. Personal Injury lawyers learn on the job “not to take it personally”. They daily face juries and judges that may be biased against them and their clients. They have an opportunity to educate in every case.
7. Personal Injury Lawyers are typically in on the cutting edge of learning new developments in medicine.
8. Personal Injury lawyers become familiar with popular medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs that are dangerous. They have an opportunity to educate other’s about such dangerous devices and drugs.
8. Personal Injury lawyers learn a lot about psychology.
9. Personal injury lawyer’s learn about risk everyday. The nature of their lives leads them to become experts in balancing risk vs reward for their clients. If they assume too much risk, they stand to lose much since their own money is on the table. On the other hand, it they assume reasonable risks, they and their clients are successful more often than not,
10. Personal injury attorney’s get to really know most of their seriously injured client’s. In many cases, it can take years until a case gets to trial. In the meantime, they have a real opportunity to learn about and connect with their client’s and the client’s family.
11. Personal Injury Lawyer’s learn to utilize technology in order to present their client’s case to a jury in a clear, interesting manner.
12. Personal Injury attorney’s have the opportunity to talk to a great cross-section of the community every day. Jury panels are made up from many constituencies and a personal injury attorney gets to talk about important issues with them all.
13. Personal injury attorney’s learn to think on their feet. Every trial has unexpected twists and turns. It’s a challenge to stay cool.
14. Personal Injury attorney’s get to know their colleagues well. They work with other lawyers who are some of the hardest working and compassionate people in the world.
15. Personal Injury attorney’s learn to use the latest technology in order to better prepare and present their cases.
16. Personal Injury attorney’s have an opportunity to test their courage every day. There are few other professions that give one such a chance for personal growth.
17. Personal injury attorney’s have the opportunity to help their clients obtain a fair recovery from insurance companies who frequently treat injured people with scorn and contempt.
I’ll likely have another 17 or more reasons before i wake up in the morning. I’ll write on greater depth in the near future.
I’m Ed Smith, founder of AutoAccident.com. Feel free to call me anytime about why I love my job. And please call if I can help you or a family with any personal injury issue. Call me at